Chick-Fil-A Still Does Not Care About LGBTQ People
Currently

Spoiler Alert, Chick-fil-A Still Does Not Care About LGBTQ People, Only About The Bad PR

Chick-fil-A only stopped donating to anti-LGBTQ organizations to avoid bad press.

182

Recently, Chick-fil-A announced it would no longer donate proceeds to anti-LGBTQ organizations. Like any time a corporation announces something controversy-related, it got a lot of mixed reception. On one hand, some are happy CFA is going in the right direction, which will let them eat at Chick-fil-A with no shame. On the other hand, there are the people who are still disappointed and will still not purchase anything from them because realize they are not doing this because they care about the community.

They are doing it because they want to avoid the bad press they have endured for the last several years.

Last year, Chick-fil-A donated $1.65 million to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) and $115,000 to the Salvation Army. Both organizations have been criticized for anti-LGBTQ stances. This was enough for many people to stop giving their money to Chick-fil-A and made other people who had never eaten at Chick-fil-A promise to never do so at all.

Even though Chick-fil-A has announced they will no longer donate money to these organizations, the question remains: "Are they doing this because they care, or are they doing this because of bad press?"

I have seen many corporations use the LGBTQ community as a pawn every year during Pride Month to show off how much they "care" about the community, and then throw it all away once July first rolls around.

It's my opinion that Chick-fil-A is doing this because of the bad PR, without a doubt, and the threat it poses to their bottom line. Every company has one goal: to make money. If they are not making a profit, they will have to change their business practices in order to do so.

This is exactly what Chick-fil-A is doing. Since they have lost location deals because of their donations to anti-LGBTQ organizations, they are changing their business practices by no longer donating to these organizations. They are making sure they will be able to make more money and get a wider audience in order to do so. It is how every business works and if they continue running their business without changing their negative practices, they will eventually go out of business.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I still will not purchase anything from Chick-fil-A for as long as I live.

Not only the fact that I never liked their food, to begin with, but as a queer woman that dedicated a good chunk of my life to fighting for the rights of LGBTQ people, I still cannot support their business. I know exactly why they stopped donating their proceeds to these organizations and many other people are rightfully not doing so too. There are many other places out there not only with better food, but does not support these organizations and will not give their money to them.