living in sorority

'Why The Hell Are There So Many Stairs?' And 6 Other Thoughts I've Had Since Moving Into My Sorority House

Welcome home, welcome to the Chi O house.

223

Having the opportunity to live in the Chi O house this year has been the biggest blessing so far and exactly what I needed. Having quality girl time is something I've been lacking recently and living here is the perfect solution! I have only been here for a few days, but I already love it so much and can't wait until the school year starts and the rest of the fun begins. That being said, I have quickly come to the realization that the living situation I am in is very unique and something I have not experienced before. This setting and house itself has a lot of quirks and things that make it special, fun, and even a little dysfunctional. Here are 7 honest thoughts I've had since moving into the Chi O house.

1. Why the hell are there so many stairs?

tired

No elevator, but a lot of stairs. Living on the second floor is cake, but third.... a whole ass hike. I am tired.

2. Are there really 76 boobs in this house?

josh

A house full of females means a house filled to the top in estrogen, oh, and 76 boobs. Drake and Josh, the boobs, would fit in perfectly. Thanks, Megan!

3. How should I act with hundreds of snacks fully accessible at all hours of the day?

eating

No grocery shopping? Candy, chips, cereal, carrots, hummus, yogurt, fruit, and everything else under the sun is within feet at all hours. The best part? We rarely have to spend our own money to attain a full tummy, and better yet we have meals prepared for us every afternoon and night! I cannot wait, but the gym can.

4. Do I really have to poop in this microscopic bathroom stall measuring 1'x1'?

small

I am not used to sharing space with anybody, so having to share literally everything is quite the adventure. The bathroom stalls are tiny and if you've got a stinky one coming, guess you'll have to bask in it until you're done and able to set yourself free from the hamster cage it is. Nasty? You're absolutely right.

5. Why does the AC in my room resemble something from the 1950s?

really?

What is this strange box? How old is it? How does it work? When should I expect it to break and catch in flames?

6. Why is climbing the ladder up and down from my bed sooo physically taxing?

nap

Have to pee in the middle of the night? Sucks. Dying of thirst right before you fall asleep? Too bad. Top bunk means once you're up, you're up. It's necessary to complete all nighttime routines before embarking on the trek to get to your bed and that is facts.

7. Why does sleeping in have to be an impossible task?

why???

You can literally hear every single creak and peep made within these walls. If you're a light sleeper, you are out of luck on this one.