But Will It Ever Change?

But will it ever change?

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."

6
But will it ever change?

I constantly have random thoughts wandering throughout my mind every second of the day. Today I had one which I dwelled on more than usual.

The amount of suffering in this world is unreal. Especially for those living in foreign countries such as Syria, where innocent people are killed everyday, sometimes on purpose and other times because of "collateral damage" due to war and politics. The current weather in certain regions of Pakistan is the hottest it has been in years, creating more hardships for those who live in homes made of mud and literal straws. Suicide rates are rising everyday and are becoming less and less surprising because of how often they occur. With all this said I ask myself one question. But will it ever change?

Will there be a day the bloodshed of innocent people comes to an end and we as humans can live in peace amongst one another? Will the poor in Pakistan, India, even Africa ever be able to wake up without the stresses of how they will make it through another day of figuring out how to feed their families? Will a person who is emotionally broken feel as if though they might have something left to live for?

The reality of the situation is we live in a society where these things will never completely end. As much as I wish there was a way they could, they won't. I ask myself again, but will they change?

In regard to anything, change takes a great deal of patience and time. Just because we don't have the power to put a complete stop to unfortunate situations in life, doesn't mean we shouldn't try. If you think the prayer you're making while sitting in an air conditioned room doesn't count or help anyone, you're wrong. If you think donating old clothes doesn't benefit someone too much, you're wrong. If you think taking the time to make yourself aware of the topic of mental health won't do much, you're also wrong.

We sometimes accept the fact that our actions and prayers can't make much of a difference. It's hard to feel like they ever will because of tragedy after tragedy seen on the news everyday. But making room in your heart to sympathize, educate, and understand the circumstances of others will never be something that takes society in the opposite direction. If anything, it is one step in the right direction.