My Cat Is My Child

My Cat Is My Child

Fur children are still children.

21
My Cat Is My Child
Brittney Moffatt

Being in a long-term relationship, I’m often asked when I’m going to settle down, tie the knot, and have little Brittneys.

As exciting as late nights with a screaming child, spending all my money on diapers that I’m literally throwing away, and having every type of body fluid covered on me everyday sounds, I’m just not thinking about that life yet.

Truth be told, I already have a wonderful child. My adorable kitten Luna.

Now, I’m sure that many people will tell me that a pet is nothing like a human child. But to me, someone who is childless and has only had to take care of myself my whole life, Luna is practically my little baby.

I have to buy her food, make sure she has litter (similar to diapers), and when she’s sick I have to take her to the hospital (and dish out a lot more dough).

When planning my upcoming Vegas vacation, I had to plan what I was going to do with Luna (shout out to my mom for watching her for a week). She may not need as much supervision as a baby, but someone’s got to keep her fed while we’re away.

Most importantly, my kitten shows me so much affection. Every night she sleeps by my feet, when I come home she greets me with head bumps and cuddles, and playing with me is the highlight of her day!

So, in conclusion, my fur child is just that, my child! I love taking care of her and love her like she came from my own womb. And one day when someone actually does come out of my womb, Luna will still be my first born.