Captain: THE Social Card Game

Captain: THE Social Card Game

#MakeCaptainHappen

23
Captain: THE Social Card Game
Captain Card Game

Captain™ is a social drinking card game that has been in development for nearly a year, and is finally ready for you to help make it available to the public!

It started while the creator, Daniel Campbell, was at a college party. He was sitting there, drink in hand, watching two friends argue over what a Jack should be in a game of King’s Cup. He was annoyed and started chuckling and they both looked at him. “What?”

He replied by telling them that every place he’d traveled had a different set of rules and a different name for the game. The game had been called Ring of Fire, King’s Cup, Dickhead, etc., and the card had any number of possible rules associated with it. So, for that game, they tried a completely new rule. It diffused their argument, and they all got back to having fun and drinking.

That conversation left a spark deep in the creative brain of an architecture student. During the entire game, my Daniel contemplated how a game might work if he could start from scratch, and not be limited to assigning meanings to certain cards. What if every card was its own card with its own icon and its own text, with no numbers or royalty to get in the way?

Captain was born.

After nearly a year of development, Captain is finally available to “pre-order” through a crowdfunding platform called Kickstarter. It allows the public to pledge toward bringing a project to life. For Captain, any pledge of $20 or more means you get a deck of Captain before anyone else in the world, but you have to act NOW! Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. If the goal of $7780 is not reached, your card will not be charged and the game will not be funded. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward, and you, the backer, are always guaranteed what you are pledging for. For more information of how Kickstarter works, click here.

Like any start-up, Captain needs funds to begin doing business. Since Daniel is an Architecture student, he’s just as broke as the typical college student. So, if he’s going to ask you for a small amount of your money, what is that money being spent on?

$6740 buys the minimum order of cards from AdMagic™

$640 goes to paying the fees Kickstarter requires to host the crowdfunding campaign.

$400 purchases packaging materials from Uline™ to get Captain sent to you.

When successfully funded, Captain will be available on Amazon!

For a crowdfunded project like Captain Card Game, youare the only way the project gets funded. Go to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/captaincardgame/captain-card-game right now and pledge for your deck of Captain, and then be sure to share with all your friends the next big thing in social card games!

To stay up to date with our Kickstarter campaign and all things Captain you can check us out online, on Facebook, and on Twitter! Thank you for your support, helping #MakeCaptainHappen!