Reasons I Can't Wait for Summer to End

Summer Just Started And I Can’t Wait For It To End

While everyone's trying to prolong summer as much as possible, I'm already tired of it and am ecstatic to go back to school.

13

Don't get me wrong, I've been anticipating school to be over ever since it started. However, now that it's gone, I have way too much free time on my hands. All the friendships and daily college routines are temporarily delayed for three months, and I know I'm going to have a hard time dealing with it. Without school, a whole chunk of my life is missing.

I can't get out of bed before noon. There's a good chance that my body is still recovering from the countless shots of espresso and maximized brain power from finals week. But, with that being said, I've lost all motivation to do anything. I don't have any classes I have to wake up for, no homework to be done, and no exams to study for. The only thing I have on my plate is work. When I'm not working, it feels like I'm just wasting time. I lie around doing nothing all day, and it bugs me how unproductive I am. Without my schedule being laid out in front of me, I have no clue what to do with my time.

I miss my new friends -- a lot. This isn't to throw shade at all my friends from high school. I've already had the chance to see a lot of them so far while others still haven't finished classes at their own schools. Every minute with them is well-spent and I wouldn't trade anything for the memories we have together. But, to get back on track, the people I got close with this year are those I pretty much suffered with. In high school, some people were only friends because I saw them for 6 hours a day, every single day. But in college, most of my friendships depended on the effort and time we put into each other. I went out of my way for a lot of my friends, whether it be walking across campus just to see them, giving up studying time to hang out with them, or giving up my valuable sleep in order to stay up with them. These people were the ones I pulled all-nighters studying with, while also being the ones I had the most fun with. The next three months are going to feel like an eternity without them.

Lastly, summer makes me feel like a kid again. The first year of college allowed me time to mature my time-management, financials, and even my diet. On top of that, I had to adapt to all the freedom I was given. It's like as soon as I get home, my parents spoil me into the teenager I was before college. They're always up to get food, they don't want me spending all my own money, and I have too much time for my own good. Not only that, but I have to play by their rules now that I'm under their rooftop again. To tell the truth, it indeed does feel nice to be a kid again, but I'm just afraid of getting too comfortable and having to deal with a rocky transition back to college.

Summer is something we all grow up looking forward to. The warm pool days, relaxing without worry about school, and all in all, having a fun time. I totally understand all of this. However, as I mature more and more, summer is becoming a vacation that's almost too long. Yeah, it's nice to lay out peacefully and what not, but at some point, I'm ready to get back to the grind. I have a lot of time ahead of me, so I might as well sit back, catch some rays, and enjoy a nice, cold popsicle.