6 Reasons Why I Cannot Wait For School To Start
Education

Let the countdown begin.

169
Original Photo Courtesy of Courtney Emmil

I am one of those crazy people who starts organizing their school supplies in mid-July and becomes weirdly obsessed with the start of a new semester (only to dread classes two weeks in to the school year). As we all count down the days to a (hopefully) easy syllabus week and the swarm of freshmen on campus, here are the things I am the most excited about for this upcoming school year.

1. Moving into my sorority house

Next week, I move in my sorority house with 40 other girls. My dad thinks I am weird, my sister thinks I am going to go crazy and my mom wishes could come with. This is something I have been looking forward to and I can't wait to live with so many of my best friends!

2. Gamedays

Ah yes, beloved gamedays: when everyone gets up earlier to start the day than they would for their 8 a.m. class and when all the Brads and Chads get their lawns prepped and rent a bouncy house for the day. If you go to a big school, gamedays pretty much consume your weekends during the fall semester and cutting up $10 t-shirts is the best fashion flex out there.

3. Walking to class

Walking to class with a group of friends is easily the best part of a long school day. Goofing around while getting quite a few stares from other students and talking about hilarious things that happened that past weekend is the best way to forget you are all walking into a midterm for which everyone is screwed for.

4. Justifying going out on weekdays

"You had a hard Monday, too? Wow, maybe we should go out tonight." This is a phrase I have heard and used a lot during the school year and, for some reason, when your friends' lives are also crumbling on any given weekday, your life crumbling doesn't seem as bad, in a way it almost becomes a funny joke.

5. Productive homework sessions

There is honestly nothing better than going to the library and actually completing all of your homework. Although this is a very rare occurrence, since homework seems to come in a steady stream, being productive in general is simply the best feeling.

6. Having all of my friends back on campus

With move in days so incredibly close, I can't help but think how excited I am to be back with all of my favorite people and make another year of crazy and spontaneous memories. (Cheesy, I know, but we are all thinking it, so who cares?)

Being excited to start school is a feeling I feel very blessed to have. Finding what school is right for you and what you love to study (even though not every class is fun) is something I encourage every one to do. Whether that is a small community college or some crazy big place hours away from home (heck, I've tried both), your right fit is something no one can take away. Walking onto campus and seeing all of the beautiful halls, the light rail running through campus and the skyline in the background makes the University of Minnesota one of my favorite places. I have grown so much during my time here, and I am so excited to see what this next school year has in store for me.