Can You Get Compensation For A Slip And Fall Accident In A Shopping Mall

28

Many of us visit shipping malls to buy home goods and other products. Big commercial real estate corporations own most shopping complexes that least out spaces to the individual stores that make up the shopping complex. In this way, small businesses are responsible for keeping their surroundings safe and free from hazards that cause accidents.

In most cases, the shopping mall owner is responsible for maintaining places like parking, elevators, escalators, and walkways. If you are injured in a shopping mall, an atlanta premises liability attorney might help you seek compensation for the damages you incur.

Can you get compensation for a slip and fall accident in a shopping mall?

Before getting into compensation for slip and fall accidents, let us know some of the common injuries resulting from slip and fall cases in shopping malls.

1. Dislocated joints
  2. Head injuries
  3. Neck and back injuries
  4. Lacerations and contusions
  5. Sprains and strains

The party that you might hold liable for the damages you incurred will depend on the circumstances of the accident. Potentially responsible parties you can include are mentioned below.

1. The individual store owner is usually responsible for injuries that occurred inside their premises.
  2. Manufacturers or service providers of escalators and elevators
  3. Maintenance companies that the shopping center hires to clean surroundings and perform repairs to amenities like elevators, bathrooms, and parking lots.
  4. Individuals who are solely responsible for incidents such as assault.

To get compensation for a slip and fall accident, you must show that the liable party was negligent, which means they breached their duty not to take care of the surroundings and fix the defective conditions.

You have to record everything right after the accident to prove the breach of duty. It is important to note your injuries, talk to people nearby and gather witnesses. Take the contact information of all the witnesses you meet. You should collect your medical bills which is very helpful in seeking compensation for the damages.

If you or your loved ones receive injuries due to a slip and fall shopping mall accident, do not let the medical bills pile up while waiting for the negligent party’s insurance company to do the right thing. You need to hire an aggressive personal lawyer who can fight for what you need, want, and deserve.