Can We Stop Talking About Beyonce's Pregnancy?

I get it, she's pregnant. Lots of other women are pregnant too, but do we care about them?

9
abclocal.com

I used to be a Beyonce fan when she first started out as a solo artist back in 2003. "Crazy in Love" was my jam, and Beyonce herself was a great performer. But the more famous she became, the more my opinion on her changed.

Hearing Beyonce in Lady Gaga's "Telephone" was probably the last time I would ever enjoy listening to the singer. When she came out with "Single Ladies" a few months later, I sort of lost interest. I'm not saying I flat-out disliked Beyonce, but it seemed to me that she was now more interested in making money than making music for her loyal fan base.

I'm sure that a majority of the people reading this are members of the "Bey Hive," but hear me out: don't you miss the days when Beyonce was in Destiny's Child and her music videos weren't so over the top? In other words, don't you miss the time when people cared more about Beyonce's voice instead of how she looked?

Don't get me wrong: Beyonce is still beautiful and a great singer, but I feel as though she believes she has to put on a spectacular show all of the time. Whether she's at a basketball game or walking her daughter in the park, Beyonce always appears to be ready to perform.

And to be honest, I think she shouldn't have to worry about what people think of how she looks at this point in her career!

Beyonce is one of the most popular people in the world. She did not have to do a complete photo shoot to announce her pregnancy. She simply could have posted a picture of a pregnancy test that read "Positive" and the internet still would have lost its mind.

Many women today are following suit when announcing their pregnancy. Some couples have done photo shoots of their own, while others perform songs on the internet!

If you ask me, the whole thing is ridiculous!

Discovering that your pregnant is an exciting feeling; telling the world that your pregnant is also exciting.

But your announcement should not have to cost you a fortune.

The best pregnancy announcements have been remarkably simple. One of my favorites is a woman taking a picture of baby boy Nike's next to her husband's own Nike's, with the caption reading, "I'll soon have two men around the house!"

Short and to the point.

This message goes out to women everywhere who want to share some big news with the world, whether it's a pregnancy, engagement, or even a promotion at work: don't think that you need to make a big deal out of telling people what's happened -- just keep it simple! Make the focus about YOU, not about your financial status.