Cabin Fever and Where Did All The Chicken Go?

Yes, we all know toilet paper is almost non-existent, but why is all the chicken gone?

24
pexels.com

Everything in my town is in shutdown mode. My neighbors and I cannot go out to dinner on Friday night. I've been looking forward to the movie, Mulan since the trailer came out months ago. Now, it is time for it to hit theaters this weekend, but it is pretty likely the theaters will still not be open.

I did see something today that gave me a twinge of hope that things will soon be heading back to normals-ville; our Mellow Mushroom had the words "Yes, We're Open," written on the window. I am pretty sure it is just for take-out/pick-up, but at least I can purchase something and help these businesses out, not to mention my drudgery of preparing three meals a day. Yes, this is small in light of the big picture when you consider the people who have contracted the virus, and even more succumbed to it. But, being a bottom-line kind of person, I am beginning to be a little concerned about the businesses and their families in our area, and know they could use my purchasing power to help keep them afloat. So, those little words in the window meant a lot to me, and even though I have plenty of food in the refrigerator and freezer (just not chicken), I am going to order a big ol' yummy, best cheese ever, pepperoni pizza from "The Mushroom" for my dinner tonight, and as I chew that extra chewy crust, I am going to think about the person who owns that business and how glad they are to see some normalcy returning. That is what we need to do, right? - return the normalcy to the situation. Just wash our hands, don't rub our eyes, don't sneeze on anybody, don't get too close (6 feet minimum distance), wash our hands again, get plenty of rest, eat nutritious food, boost our immune systems (see last two on list), and go buy some takeout - those businesses need our business!

I felt inspired by all these thoughts in my head today and penned a poem:

(Think the tune of Twinkle, twinkle, little star)

Kachoo kachoo little sneeze,
Don't pass on those germs, oh please;
Place your face into your sleeve,
Or a tissue do retrieve;
Stop this virus in its tracks,
Cuz I miss library books and snacks;
I want some tissue, chicken, and soap,
I've got cabin fever and want to mope;
Bring back dining out, movies, and church,
I'm tired of sitting here on my perch!

pexels.com