Brooklyn Is The Best Of The Best

Brooklyn Is The Best Of The Best

Are you Brooklyn Certified?

17
Brooklyn Is The Best Of The Best

If you are from Brooklyn, then this article is for you!

1. The Walk

Brooklyn the way you carry yourself says a lot about you. The walk is a consequence of this mindset. The walk for anyone raised here isn’t simply getting from one place to another, it’s more of a personification of personality. Believe it or not, I learned from watching my father. My mother would always say that he moved through East New York like a man who didn’t believe in running. It sounded funny as a kid and it wasn’t until I started watching his walk that I got it. From the way his head swiveled, to the bounce in his step you could tell just by looking at him that he was a man proud of his accomplishments. In Brooklyn, we learn how to move to our own beat and at our own pace.

2. The Style

In Brooklyn, we are a borough of innovators. Back home It’s hard to stand out when you are surrounded by trend setters which is why going away to college is considered a blessing and a curse. You carry the reputation of your entire borough on your shoulder. Every chance you get to show off should be taken. We are the leaders in a type of fashion I like to call everyday fashion. Brooklyn has cornered the market on looking fly and comfortable at the same damn time. So throw on those sweats, your timbs or Nike tech and show off what Brooklyn taught you.

3. The Drive

Growing up in Brooklyn, you learn how to keep your head up. You learn that not everyone wants you to succeed and you learn to use that knowledge to motivate you. Growing up amidst constant adversity forces you to better yourself and in the process better your environment. Brooklyn made me but I've seen it destroy so many others with the same potential. If you've lived in Brooklyn you know what I mean when I say Brooklyn teaches you that you could rep your borough while wanting nothing more than to leave it.

4. Our women

Now this category has to encompass the entire city of New York because our women are some of the most gorgeous and diverse women on this planet. From Brooklyn to Harlem, from Harlem to Queens, our women can stop your heart. It's something about the way they carry themselves or better yet the accent. Either way, New york women are some of the baddest women on this planet. So you're welcome from my city to yours.

5. The Pride

Brooklyn is the best borough. Brooklyn is Walt Disney; it is Andy Warhol; there is no place like Brooklyn and growing up here, there's no other mentality to have. We are the best -- you know it and I know it. Whatever we set our mind too we excel at and it's because of the environment. Brooklyn prepares you for life everywhere it ensures that you can survive in any other environment any other city or borough while others wouldn't be able to get through a week where we live. The simple fact is and this is the central point of the entire article. Being surrounded by adversity either breaks you or makes you unbreakable and in Brooklyn, there's nothing but adversity so after surviving that nothing on this world can hold us back.