City Of Louisville Reaches $12m Settlement In Police Killing Of Beonna Taylor
Currently

Breonna Taylor Is FINALLY Getting The Justice She Deserves, 6 Months After She Was Killed By Police

The City of Louisville will be implementing state-wide policing reform as a result of the settlement.

668

Breonna Taylor was shot 5 times and killed in her own home by police officers on March 13.

Now, more than half a year later, Breonna Taylor's family is receiving a "substantial" settlement of $12 million. Along with the cash settlement, the City of Louisville, KY will be implementing several actions to reform policing in Louisville.

Taylor's killing sparked protests across the country. Earlier this month the protests reached their 100th day.

Although this settlement marks a historic moment of the city attempting to atone for the actions of the officers involved in the fatal shooting, it has not stopped people from speaking out about reform.

On Twitter, #JusticeForBreonnaTaylor has been trending with many speaking out about the cash settlement for the family.

Many believe that 'true justice' will not be served until the police officers responsible have been fired and arrested.