11 Reasons Your Cat is Better than Your Boyfriend

Cats > Boys

24
Lauren Mathis

Sometimes boyfriends can be too much to deal with, and it's common knowledge that cats are the bomb, but not many people understand just how awesome they are. There are definitely some perks to picking your cat over the boy that doesn't quite get you.

1. They are always there to snuggle.

Even on the days where they've been sleeping the entire time you were out of the house, they'll always come and lay on your lap like it's the first time they've ever slept.

2. They let you smother them with attention even though they secretly hate it.

They hate when you want to play when they're trying to sleep, but unlike a boyfriend, they'll pretend to enjoy it even though they hate it.

3. They don't talk back!

Instead they sit there and silently think of all the ways they will annoy you in your sleep that night.

4. They always greet you at the door when you come home.

Even if you just walked outside to get the mail, they're right at the door to welcome you back like you've been gone for hours.

5. They don't take up the whole bed.

The downside to this is they move a lot, but the good part is they're small, so you can sprawl out and not have to worry about taking up more of the bed than another human.

6. They always let you watch what you want on Netflix.

Even though you've watched "Grey's Anatomy" all the way through, five times, he still lets you watch the same episode because he knows you love it

7. Your parents LOVE him.

Cats are nothing like the boys you normally bring home. He won't show up to the first meeting with your parents with his tattoo sleeve showing or ripped jeans, causing your mother to have a panic attack.

8. They won't eat all your food.

Yes, he will beg to try some, but after that he'll leave you alone, because human food is way beneath him.

9. They don't get mad when you come home late.

Whether you're coming home late from work, or stumbling in from the bar, he doesn't care, because he's just so happy to see you!

10. Doesn't get mad when you give him silly nicknames.

He embraces the nickname "Sir Fluffy McCat the Third" like it was the name he was born with.

11. They're forced to love you, even when they don't feel like it.

They know that if they don't show you at least a little love each day you will "accidentally" forget to feed them until you get home at 11 p.m., so even though you tripped over him yesterday, he'll still give you some quality snuggle time.

Come time to chose a boyfriend over my cat, this is every reason why my cat will win every time.