10 Costumes When You Honestly Just Don't Care

Don’t be caught last minute and throw on one of these mistakes!

976
Flickr

Halloween is here. The time of pretending to be something you aren’t on purpose is finally here. You can show off your skills of planning, design, and creativity in developing your costume. However, since 90% of us still do not have our life together. Most of us will be shedding our street clothes for what I like to call, "the blow off costume."

The blow off costume is not really a costume as much as it is a statement proclaiming you didn’t really want to try, but you didn’t want to be the only one not wearing anything. Here is my top ten list of blow off costumes to watch out for this Halloween:

10. The Group Costume

Now, I do not want to hate on group costumes. Sometimes they are very creative and took a lot of skill to make, but most of the time that is not the case. If I see one more “group” of people wearing different colored shirts saying they are the rainbow….

Once you leave the group, you are stuck with a quarter of a costume. Don’t abuse the power of a group to hide that fact you didn’t want to put in the work to make your own costume.

9. The Funny Sweater

Great! You have a hilarious sweater! That is so cool! Why don’t you wait a month and be the star of the party at the eggnog mixer? Halloween is the wrong party for sweaters! Rated blow off!

8. The Sheet

The most iconic childhood costume is the little kid covered in a sheet dressed like a ghost. Unfortunately for you, this costume is the sign you have zero creativity and are possibly not very intelligent. You probably Googled "Halloween costume," and clicked on the first image to find this dull gem. Also, don’t you dare try and turn this into a toga. Toga, like sweaters, is the wrong party attire for Halloween.

7. The Pajama

The pajama costume is just sad. Like, are you really that desperate to sleep over? Maintain some self-dignity and avoid the slumber party turned nightmare of this blow off costume.

6. The Glitter

Oh! I am sorry, what are you exactly? A Rockstar? An alien? A typical basic sorority girl? No, you just panicked and glued glitter to your face while wearing a tight dress. You aren’t fooling anyone with this blow off costume.

5. The Nametag

My personal favorite of blow off costumes. You tried for a second to be creative by writing some cool pun or provocative saying on a tag by wearing it around your neck or sticking it to your chest. However, this is a trick to try and cover up the fact this is an easy last-minute blow off costume.

4. The Hawaiian Shirt

You might have the absolute chilliest Hawaiian shirt, but you still wore it last week to the tropical mixer. This costume just reads you didn’t care and opened your party chest pulling out the first outfit you saw. MAJOR BLOW OFF COSTUME ALERT!

3. The Jersey

Why are you wearing a jersey? Halloween is one of the only parties where you cannot wear a jersey. Oh! Nice, I forgot you are totally the athlete whose name is on the back of the jersey! Nice job blowing off Halloween!

2. The White Shirt

White shirts are an endless possibility of puns and jokes. This is one of the most popular blow off costumes because you can go any way you want with it. But at the end of the day, you dug up the white shirt last minute and just wrote something clever. You blew your costume off and we know it.

1. The Very Cool Hat

I admit, I am a criminal of this blow off costume. The ease of throwing on a cool hat and stopping for the day is so inciting. However, this is a huge costume trap! A sombrero does not make you a bandito. A pilot’s hat does not make you an airlines pilot. A bucket hat does not make you a fisherman.

Don’t be caught up in the ease of this major blow off costume! Building around a cool hat is acceptable, but anything short of a complete outfit pushes you into the blow off zone! Tread carefully when deciding what costume you decide to wear! Don’t be caught last minute and throw on one of these mistakes!