I Didn't Like 'Black Panther'

I Didn't Like 'Black Panther'

Here's why.

17
I Didn't Like 'Black Panther'

I know! It's crazy and a very unpopular opinion! Before I explain myself, I will put a SPOILER ALERT here.

Why I do not like Black Panther has nothing to do with the superhero himself. In fact, I think he is pretty amazing. He does not back out of challenges, even if there is a chance he will lose, and I do not know a single person who would survive being thrown off of a cliff. But alas, Black Panther did it.

Don't get me wrong. I think everything Marvel produces is, well, marvelous (ha, get it?) but with Black Panther, it's the storyline. They made a basic storyline into an amazingly created movie. While this is normal of Marvell movies it is exactly what bored me. It is predictable. Some long lost relative arrives and challenges the heir to the throne completely out of revenge. Not only does he want to win but Killmonger makes it a point to kill T'Challa... not just by challenging and marking him up, but throwing him off of a cliff. What happens next? The other Wakanda's tribe leader, M'Baku, preserves the barely alive Black Panther. A group of T'Challa's loyal people go to him for help only to find T'Challa alive but in need of the Heart-Shaped-Herb to restore his strength. But "Oh, no!" the garden had been burned by the order of Killmonger! No worries, Nakia comes through after she stole one of the remaining heart-shaped-herbs to revive the true king. Black Panther is revived and wins back his throne. A typical, predictable storyline with no crazy plot twist or suspense.

Not only did I find the story line to be predictable but I found it to kind of drag on. The first hour and a half was not much dialog and the fight scenes weren't that intense. There were no surprising plot twists. Intriguing, maybe, but not very crazy. I will admit that it is difficult for me to sit through any movie, which might contribute to the reason why I was bored when watching Black Panther. The movie just did not captivate me as much as it did many other people.

Although the storyline was not the best it could have been, I think the producers made up for it with the CGI. The production was absolutely incredible and made it worthwhile. Which was most likely a huge reason why so many people liked it. The thing I have to keep in mind about Black Panther is the fact that this is the first movie of this series. We all know Marvel is going to produce more Black Panther movies, and I plan to watch every single one of them. With almost all movie series, each movie is better than the last so since I didn't enjoy this one as much, I think I will enjoy the next one more. I'll keep up with the series in hopes that I fall into the bandwagon of loving Black Panther as much as everyone else does.