I Don't Have A Hero, But If I Did, It Would Be Billie Eilish

Don't Talk To Me About Celebrities, Unless It's Billie Eilish

Seriously, there are no exceptions...except for maybe Khalid.

599

I've never been a fangirl of any band or celebrity. I've never understood the obsessions some people form, from 1D to the Bieber era to the Kardashians and beyond, I've yet to hop on any of those bandwagons.

It's not that I don't appreciate a lot of the things celebrities do, especially when it comes to artists. I have such a passion for music, but my passion ends right there- at the music. I don't feel it necessary to spend time watching over the lives people I will most likely never meet, because I barely have time to keep track of myself.

Around 2 years ago, a song popped up on my Spotify discover that I hadn't heard before, and it became one of my favorites of all time. I threw 'Ocean Eyes' into all of my playlists, and didn't think much more of it. Soon after, more songs by Billie began surfacing, and I took notice. Any artist that produces song after song that I love is so rare, and I didn't even know anything about her at this point.

I had never heard a voice that could hit literally every note, sounding angelic and powerful in a completely unique way. Little did I know, that her vocal talent was only one of the many things that made her stand in an era of her own.

This girl is 16 years old, and she is taking the world by storm by her unwillingness to abide by any social standards.

Her talent is unmatched, and so is her personal style. Every public appearance she makes has me in happy tears. She puts on a show for everybody who looks, wearing the most individualized, "her" clothes possible. It's almost like a street version of Lady Gaga mixed with the confidence of Kanye (you're welcome Kanye. That's the best compliment you could receive). Her Instagram is filled with her wild style and glimpses behind the scenes of her music videos- flaunting that young 'wherearetheavocado's handle with an anime pic.

Basically, in the words of Barney from HIMYM, Billie is the definition of legendary.