'Big Mouth' Is Killing It

14 Stanley Hudson Quotes That Prove He Might Be The Best Character On 'The Office'

His dry sense of humor, his relatable personality, and his love for food are just some ways to know you're like Stanley.
9048

The show "The Office" has many memorable characters, but one that gets overlooked very often is Stanley. When I first started watching "The Office" some of my first picks of characters I liked were Jim, Dwight, and Creed. One unlikely character I really liked was Stanley. His dry sense of humor, his relatable personality, and his love for food, especially if it’s free. The way Stanley acts just show some signs that he is just like everyone else. Here are the fourteen signs you are Stanley from "The Office."

1. “Yes, I have a dream, and it's not some MLK dream for equality. I want to own a decommissioned lighthouse. And I want to live at the top. And nobody knows I live there. And there's a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.”

Stanley just wants to be alone like the rest of us.

2. “Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse. That’s one of my mottos.”

This was the time Stanley gave this wonderful life advice.

3. "I have been trying to get on jury duty every year since I was 18 years old. To get to go sit it in an air-conditioned room, downtown, judging people, while my lunch is paid for ... that is the life."

Be honest... we all judge, why not get some free lunch out of it?

4. "Newsflash: You are not special."

This was one of the times Stanley showed to people that we are all the same, and no one person is better than one.

5. "Why don't you mind your business."

Who doesn’t want privacy sometimes? No one? I didn’t think so. Stanley showed that he wants privacy just like us all.

6. “Dwight: Don't you want to earn Schrute bucks? Stanley: No. In fact, I'll give you a billion Stanley nickels if you never talk to me again. Dwight: What's the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks? Stanley: The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.”

This conversation between Dwight showed that sometimes you just don’t like people, and that’s okay.

7. “I do not apologize unless I think I’m wrong, and if you don’t like it, you can leave.”

Haven’t we all thought we were right and didn’t feel like we should apologize? I know I have.

8. “If I don’t have some cake soon, I might die.”

I crave cake many hours out of my day, so without cake I feel like dying too.

9. “We get to go home!”

Lets how pretty much everyone feels after work or school.

10. “I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that's too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little. But on pretzel day? Well, I like pretzel day.“

What more could you want besides a pretzel day?

11. “It's true. Around this office in the past I have been a little abrupt with people. But the doctor said, if I can't find a new way to relate more positively to my surroundings, I'm going to die.”

Stanley proved that being negative will actually affect our health, in a very bad way.

12. “Next stop: pies!”

Stanley’s love for food just shows how much he is like everyone else.

13. "I would rather work for an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than work for somebody else in this office besides myself. Game on. "

Sometimes when you really don’t like a coworker you’ll do anything to not make them your boss.

14. “Did I stutter?”

Sometimes when you’re in an argument and the people are so dumbfounded you need to show back some sass.