How To Figure Out "What Should I Read Next?"

Every bibliophile's dream.

33
what should i read next

If you are a book lover like I am then most of you know how difficult it is to find a good book sometimes. It needs to be long enough and not too boring, with some action but also some sad moments as well. Finding the perfect book for you can take a while but I think I have found the solution for the book lover in all of us. The website is called "What Should I Read Next?" and it is a website devoted to helping book nerds (like myself) find books based on recommendations and things like that. I just recently discovered this site and so I am going to tell you what I think of this little slice of heaven.

So the first thing I did was I went to the website and looked around. There is not a whole lot there to begin with but there was some interesting things. On the homepage there is a search bar and you can type in what type of book you are looking for. The website will then ask if you have any favorite books, authors or genres. You can type them in and it will generate a ton of options for you.

As an example I put in "The Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare, a fantastic author (if you want to check her out I suggest you do), and it gave me a few key words and phrases about the book to see if it is something I would be interested in reading. You can click on any of the subcategories under the title and they will take you to a list of books in that category. I also like that there is an information/buy button because now you see the ratings and things and then buy the book in the same place.

The website generated a bunch of recommendations for which books I should read next based on what book I searched. You can get a feel for what the books are about from the words and categories underneath. If you want to get more information just click on the information button and it will take you to a website where you can buy it.

So I clicked on the first book on the list and it took me to Amazon. Now I can really see what this book is about and how much it would cost to buy the book.

All in all I think that this site is a pretty great thing for people who love books. It has some flaws but that is something that can be fixed. I enjoy having a place to find new books that I might be interested in. I think this is a really great website for book lovers or even people who read occasionally to try new genres. Me personally I am definitely going to come back to this website and get new books.