Beyoncé's Most Inspirational Songs

Beyoncé's Most Inspirational Songs

Ladies, we flawless.

11779
Beyoncé's Most Inspirational Songs
BET

With her most recent release of ‘Formation,’ the world has again been reminded of Beyoncé’s ability to slay, empower, and make you dance, all in one song. It has been awhile since the Queen B has released new music, and this song doesn’t disappoint. While listening to her lyrics and catchy beat, it’s clear Bey has dropped another hit. Here’s a list of some of Bey’s most inspirational, kick butt, ‘work it girl’ songs that you definitely need to add to your playlist.

1.Run the World (Girls)

Probably the most empowering song Beyoncé has written. I haven’t listened to another song that champions womankind’s incredible ability to get shit done. Her line “Strong enough to bear them children, then get back to business” is just so amazing. She truly captures how powerful women really are, and how they can do much more than just be a wife at home while the man does everything. This song is perfect for your running/workout playlist, especially when you’re on that last set, because nothing is more motivating than Beyoncé telling you that you run the world.

2. Pretty Hurts

Truly an under-appreciated song. Beyonce knows she is drop dead gorgeous, but this song is not about that. It’s an important critique of the society that perpetuates an impossibly standard of beauty. We, as women, constantly strive for perfection, but we will never attain it, because it’s not about the outside, it’s about the inside. As Bey perfectly says, “Tryna fix something but you can’t fix what you can’t see, It’s the soul that needs the surgery.” We females need to stop listening to the media and fix ourselves internally, because really, we are all beautiful, and don’t need to make changes or compromises in order to fit society’s standards.

3.Flawless

Furthermore, you don’t need to change anything about yourself because you are ~flawless~

4.Upgrade U

One of my personal favorites, Upgrade U has a great beat and an even greater message, and if you watch the video, some truly iconic costumes and dance moves. In this song, Bey proves that she is a “real woman” and can compliment her man’s business deals with her good looks, yes, but also with her savvy insider knowledge. She knows how to take her man from “neck ties to purple labels,” because she is the real brains behind the operation. He might think he’s in control, but she lets him know that his “dynasty ain’t complete without a chick like me,” and that she’ll be the one keeping the tempo. A must for your girls night playlist.

5.Diva

When it’s just one of those nights when you’re ‘feelin yourself,’ this is the song to strut to. The classic opening line “a diva is a female version of a hustler” is enough to get you off the couch and onto the dance floor.

6.Irreplaceable

Bey knows just what to say to a broken heart, and this song is it. This song is a perfect way to empower you out of your bad mood, and realize that you are better off without anyone who doesn’t appreciate you. You don’t need anyone in your life who doesn’t deserve you. You are amazing, and any friend, romantic partner, etc. that doesn’t see that, is most definitely not irreplaceable. You can have another ‘in a minute.’ Go out and forget about them. Be with the people who really do have your back, and who actually are irreplaceable.

7.Partition

Beyoncé’s video for this song is quite famous, and for an awesome reason. She always fantasized about performing a burlesque show for her husband one day, and then this song gave her the opportunity to do just that. ‘Partition’ is all about owning who you are, and being a confident sexy bamf. Embrace your inner Beyoncé when that beat drops. Definitely a necessity on a going out playlist.

8.Formation

Soon-to-be classic, ‘Formation’ is another anthem of empowerment. Bey once again slays with a song about how she works hard for her career, her life, everything. Her mantras, “I dream it, I work hard, I grind ‘til I own it,” and “I slay, okay?” should be implemented into your life, immediately. Hard work plus big dreams plus confidence? Slaying the competition. Don’t let anything get in the way of getting what you want, just “twirl round the haters.” But remember to “always stay gracious,” because “best revenge is your paper.” Just please go watch and listen. Your ego will thank you.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-beyon...

9.Independent Woman II

No explanation needed. You are a strong independent woman who don’t need no man.

10. Survivor

Yes, these last two are classic Destiny’s Child songs, but their messages are still perfect, and still inspire. This song in particular is probably the best one to listen to when you’re going through something difficult with a friend, bf/gf, etc. You will survive, and you will come out a stronger, better person because of this adversity. They thought you’d be weaker, sadder, helpless without them, but you’re surviving, and you’re stronger, and laughing triumphantly.