10 Reasons You Should Get A Tattoo

10 Reasons Why Tattoos ARE Worth The Hype

Tattoos are awesome, and if you are against them...get over it.

188
Girl

With our society becoming more and more accepting of tattoos, I just felt the need to share my thoughts on why tattoos are awesome and deserve to be even more accepted than they are currently are. According to the Pew Research Center, almost 40% of all Americans aged 18 to 29 have at least one tattoo, and in Europe, it is closer to 50%! People have been getting tattooed for thousands of years, it is about time we started to accept body art as normal in our society.

1. They are an expression of who you are on the inside on the outside

Whatever you like, like to do, however you are, or whatever you feel defines you can be permanently marked on your body, and what is cooler than that? That's right — nothing.

2. If you are worried about people not taking you seriously because of your tattoos, DON'T

Tattoos have a great ability of warding off judgmental people. People who care solely about what is on the surface, and people who don't care about you as an individual may more than likely be turned off by your tattoos, which is a good thing. Your tattoos are looking out for you! If you are also nervous that a job will deny you because of some tattoos, then maybe working for that company is not for you. Understand your worth and accept nothing less. If they can't accept you for you, tattoos and all, then it is their loss. Not yours.

3. They enhance your beauty

You are beautiful. Even though there may be parts of your body you dislike, your body is beautiful. Why not enhance the beautiful canvas you have with artwork? Tattoos may be perceived as negative to some people, but there is so much good that can come from some ink.

4. The "after-tattoo" feeling

If you have ever gotten a tattoo, you know the feeling. The adrenaline rush you have from the pain that the tattoo caused, along with the feeling of happiness that floods your system due to the fact that you have a new beautiful piece of artwork attached to you. There is nothing like the feeling.

5. They will still look badass when you are older

Trust me, they will. When you are sitting in your nursing home and you look down at your ink, chances are you won't regret them. They will be a reminder of the great times when you were younger.

6. Do you really want to fit in anyway?

Each tattoo is unique and the reason for getting it is just as unique. Having your own piece of artwork is a sure-fire way to make yourself into the person you want to be, and not like everyone else.

7. The artwork involved

Tattoos are their own kind of art. If you find an artist whose art you really enjoy, then go out and get yourself your very own piece of artwork to carry around on you at all times.

8. Having tattoos does NOT change you as a person

Tattoos will not make you less of a person. They will not make you less intelligent or educated. They will not make you less compassionate, caring, or friendly. Break the stigma and prove the ignorant wrong.

9. They can hold major sentimental value and significance

For most people, a tattoo is not only a piece of artwork, but they can also be a remembrance of a time, place, person, or memory. Tattoos can hold a significance that nothing else can. Tattoos can allow for the recipient to have a permanent connection to whatever it is that they wish, a tribute to a lost loved one, for example.

10. They are just plain awesome

They just plain are. They are awesome. If anyone disagrees, they can just close the webpage.

If you have a tattoo and you are proud of it, these reasons should resonate with you, and if you are considering getting your first tattoo, these reasons may persuade you to do so! Go out, have fun, and express yourself the way you want.