18 Best Songs To Boost Your Mood After A Breakup

The Ultimate Post-Breakup Playlist To Make You Feel 'Good As Hell' Despite The Heartache

Crank up your mood.

194

Heartbreak is the worst, but the truth hurts and you have to move on. So it's time to pump up the jams that'll make you never want to speak to your ex again. Add these songs to a Spotify playlist titled something along the lines of, I don't know, "I Don't Need You" and BLAST IT by yourself, with your girls, wherever, whenever. From Lizzo and Taylor Swift to Ariana Grande and, of course, more Lizzo, here are 18 songs that'll quickly become your heartbreak anthems.

1. “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo 

You tried to break my heart?
Oh, that breaks my heart
That you thought you ever had it

2. “Better In Time” by Leona Lewis 

Even though I really love you
I'm gonna smile because I deserve to
Oh it'll all get better in time

3. “I Hope It Rains” by Jana Kramer

I hope it rains on you,
Maybe a little bit of lightning too
And I hope it comes a flood, lots of mud,
Messin' up your whole day
Hey hey, and I hope it rains

4. “Better Than You Left Me” by Mickey Guyton

I'm better than you left me
I'm better than I should be
I'm better than I was when you walked out that door
I'm stronger than the woman, the one that you knew back then
So don't you think I'll take you back like every time before
No, baby I don't think you know me anymoreI'm better than you left me

5. “Thank U, Next” by Ariana Grande 

I've got so much love
Got so much patience
I've learned from the pain
I turned out amazing

6. “Mama's Broken Heart” by Miranda Lambert

Can't get revenge and keep a spotless reputation
Sometimes revenge is a choice you gotta make
My mama came from a softer generation
Where you get a grip and bite your lip just to save a little face

7. “When It Rains It Pours” by Luke Combs

Now she was sure real quick to up and apologize
When she heard about my new found luck on that FM dial
And it's crazy how, lately now, it just seems to come in waves
What I thought was gonna be the death of me was my saving grace

8. “Forget You” by CeeLo Green

I pity the fool that falls in love with you
Ooooooh I've got some news for you
Ooh, I really hate your a** right now

9. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift

I used to think that we were forever ever, ever
And I used to say, never say never
Huh, so he calls me up and he's like, I still love you
And I'm like I just I mean this is exhausting, you know, like
We are never getting back together like, ever

10. “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson

Since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get what I want
Since you been gone

11. “Gives You Hell” by The All-American Rejects

I wake up every evening
With a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place
And you're still probably working
At a nine to five pace
I wonder how bad that tastes
When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell
Hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell
Hope it gives you hell

12. “Miss Movin’ On” by Fifth Harmony

I'm not the way that I used to be
I took the record off repeat
You killed me, but I survived
And now I'm coming alive
I'll never be that girl again, no oh oh

13. “No Scrubs” by TLC 

So no, I don't want your number
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere
No, I don't want none of your time and
No, I don't want no scrub

14. “Better Now” by Post Malone

You probably think that you are better now, better now
You only say that 'cause I'm not around, not around
You know I never meant to let you down, let you down
Woulda gave you anything, woulda gave you everything

16. “Beer Never Broke My Heart” by Luke Combs

She was a Carolina blue-jean baby
Fire in her eyes that drove me crazy
It was red tail-lights when she left town
If I didn't know then, I sure know now

15. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood 

I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

17. “Good As Hell” by Lizzo

If he don't love you anymore
Just walk your fine a** out the door
I do my hair toss
Check my nails
Baby how you feelin'?
Feeling good as hell

18. “White Liar” by Miranda Lambert

Hey white liar
The truth comes out a little at a time
And it spreads just like a fire
Slips off of your tongue like turpentine
And I don't know why, white liar
Here's a bombshell just for you
Turns out I've been lying too

Follow Swoon on Instagram.