The Top 8 Games To Look Forward To From E3 2019

8 Games E3 2019 Has Me Ready To Buy

E3 2019 has come and gone and while we're so sad it's over, there is reason to rejoice; new games are coming!

21
8 Games E3 2019 Has Me Ready To Buy

This year's E3 conference brought us myriad games for both small screens and large and for most titles on the docket, the hype is beyond real. In spite of Sony bowing out of this years game briefing, we were given plenty of game teasers and cinematic trailers to keep us tweeting well into the summer. Here are my top 8 most anticipated games from this year's E3 conference.

1. "Cyberpunk 2077".

No, it's not just Keanu Reeves that has everyone on the edge of their seat awaiting the arrival of the Sci-Fi open-world RPG "Cyberpunk 2077," it's more likely that we will readily consume ANYTHING from CD Projekt Red, creators of the critically acclaimed 2015 Game of the Year "The Witcher 3." They build worlds that are so immersive you can lose yourself, and like many others, I can't wait to get lost in the world of "Cyberpunk 2077."

2. "Elden Ring".

Okay, okay, I know from "Dark Souls" to "Bloodborne" you guys can't get enough of the insanely difficult and mind-numbingly frustrating titles developed by FromSoftware. I, however, could really do without them. ("Wow, Jess then why is this THE SECOND GAME on your list?!") Okay, the dude who asked me that, well let me give you a first name, two initials, and the last name. GEORGE. R.R. MARTIN.

Do you get it now? So yeah, not excited to play and fail, but very excited to watch someone more talented and far more masochistic play it on Twitch so I can consume a story only GRRM could conjure.

3. "Blair Witch (2019)".

Okay so, your girl loves loves loves a good horror game. I also happen to love the 1999 film "The Blair Witch Project." Couple that with Blooper Team, developers of the popular horror title "Layers of Fear" and boy, am I ready to spend $60 and maybe even pre-order the collector's edition. Plus, I have to believe this is the spirit world repaying us for the loss of "Silent Hills" ("PT"), the never finished game from the acclaimed developer Hideo Kojima and horror master Guillermo del Toro.

4. "12 Minutes".

Okay, so Annapurna Pictures is kind of amazing. From producing films such as the recently released "Book Smart" and best picture nominee "If Beale Street Could Talk" to developing games like the phenomenal "What Remains of Edith Finch" (go play this immediately if you haven't had the pleasure) under the subsidiary Annapurna Interactive, this studio is simply doing every single thing right. "12 Minutes" looks to be another simple but deep and daring game for the rising production house.

5. "Deathloop".

From the developers of the much loved "Dishonored" series Arkane Studios along with the greatest developer/publisher the world has ever known (Bethesda, obviously) comes "Deathloop." With a funky late 60's vibe, some serious badass female energy and a good story to boot, "Deathproof" is looking to be one of my favorite titles shown on any E3 stage this year.

6. "Ghostwire Tokyo".

*chills* I'm not sure how else to follow up this trailer. With incredible cinematics that makes you wonder how much of that is actually digital, any gamer should know the company that brought us "The Evil Within" can't be likely to disappoint. Tango Gameworks, partnering with you guessed it, Bethesda, is going to have the game-world abuzz the more we get to learn about "Ghostwire Tokyo."

7. "Spiritfarer".

Okay, so this game might not be for everyone, as a puzzle game fanatic, I cannot wait to experience the beauty and potential cry-worthy moments in little-known developer Thunder Lotus Games' "Spiritfarer." Plus like hello, "Animal Crossing" vibes much?

8. "Star War Jedi: Fallen Order".

I love an EA title like "Madden" or "The Sims" as much as the next guy, but I can't pretend I don't love the games where they let me feel like a Jedi Knight the most. While the "Star Wars: Battlefront" games gave me tons of joy, I can't wait to jump into an action RPG where I really am the hero of the story.

Honorable mentions: "The Outer Worlds," "Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga" and "Bleeding Edge".

So there you have it, 8 games worthy of preordering and hopefully enough trailers to hold you over until any of this comes out, you know...in 2020 and beyond. *sigh*