Best Napping Spots at UMD

Best Napping Spots at UMD

I have done all 5!

327
Best Napping Spots at UMD

Currently, I'm a commuter to college, and it's not so bad once you get "used" to it. But, to be honest, it's exhausting. I have to wake at 5 am just to catch a 6:45 bus to reach my 9:30 am class. I reach campus at 7:30 and at that point I just need a good nap to be awake for class! But, one of the best perks coming early to college is picking the best spots to nap at! So here the 5 best napping spots at UMD. Trust me, I have done all five!

1. McKeldin Library

McKeldin is HUGE and has 7 floors. So, if you're feeling sleepy but want some quiet study space too, I recommend getting one the upper-level study spaces or maybe a bench! It's quiet and you won't be disturbed if you're napping or studying. PLUS, not many people are there so, you pretty much have the whole floor to yourself! Just don’t get too crazy!

2. Stamp Couches

I like napping at Stamp because my bus gets off there so I don't have to walk too far in the cold. Plus, FOOD! Stamp has a variety of fast food choices and sometimes food is the perfect pick-me-up after a nap and a couple of breakdowns. Hang in there! The semester is almost over!

3. Tawes Hall

You know that essay you wrote last night at like 2 am? Well, Tawes Hall is just the perfect place to get a quick power nap in the undergraduate lounge. It’s quiet, comfy pillows and you can get that essay checked at the Writing Center which is nearby! Just don't sleep through your appointment!

4. Knight Hall

As a journalism student, we have the luxury of having our lounge with some comfy couches. It's perfect since I have my first class there and space to do work too. There is also our "Off the record cafe" So if you didn't have breakfast, need a nap and need a place to write that story? Knight Hall is just the place!

5. WMUC radio station (Above south campus dining hall)

As a journalism student, I volunteer at WMUC college park radio station sometimes. I must say the vibe there is absolutely amazing. I really love just chilling and working on my script or homework. I can just tune in to the station and just chill. It has a creative energy and the couches are so comfy I can't help but take a nap. I usually just go into the back rooms and sleep there for a little while.