Dear Best Friend Who Is 5,604 Miles Away

My love is like a star, you can't always see me but you know that I am always there.

5
Emily Fricano

Dear Best Friend who is 5,604 miles away,

How are you? It's been a while since we actually got to sit down and talk which is upsetting. I love seeing you and your family through snapchat because I miss you all so much! Everyday you pop up in my head, whether it was an inside joke or just wishing you could be here to just stare at the stars. We have so many memories and I cherish them more than you will ever know. Ever since we were younger we just clicked. We have had a wild ride for sure and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

When you left the first time, I was a mess. It was weird not walking across the street to see you. Especially because we have never really been separated since birth, literally. BUT, when you came back for the following summer I couldn't wait! I was so excited to have you in person, the actual you! Every summer I ask if you come back, I know the answer isn't always yes, but it's nice that I don't have to worry about our friendship fading away. When you are here, however, depending on if we are busy with our lives, the summer goes by so fast. I feel like you are here and then in a blink of an eye you are leaving to go back to the airport. When you are here, I wish I could just be selfish and have you all to myself, so we can lounge around, eat anything we want, and never look decent. That would be the life.

I knew we could always be the real us around each other which makes the bond between us so special. I loved being able to go home from school and hang out and just chat about our day, that was relaxing. We didn't have to do much to have fun, I remember we just sat in your backyard and watched the stars the night before you left.

Thank you for that one summer for telling me you weren't coming and then just randomly showed up at my door. I didn't know what to feel, but I am very glad you came that summer. That summer was probably my favorite one because we were starting the next chapter of our lives, but I'm glad you did.

I loved being able to come home from work and just go to the city with you and go on our adventure to Black Tap and just be as bad ass as we could to impulsively go get cupcakes! I seriously am so thankful you are in my life, I don't know what I would do without you.

I just want to say thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for all the memories. Thank you for not judging me for being myself and always having my back! I know you are an ocean apart, but I am glad that just because we are physically apart, spiritually we are closer than ever! I know we are both very busy but I am so proud of you and all the hard work you are putting in! I love you so much, and I hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

Your BFFLAI