6 Reasons You Should Download Rosetta Stone And Start Learning A Second Language Right This Minute

How the challenge of learning another language boosts your brainpower, strengthens friendships and makes you a global citizen.

76
Instagram

Grammar, sentence structure, prepositions, tenses, participles, maybe even a case system, and definitely lots of vocabulary: that’s what a language consist of. So why should we make our life towards graduation harder than it already is? Learning a second language?

Come on, we surely have better things to do, right? And with English being called by scholars the world’s “most influential language,” you may ask yourself why you as an English native speaker should bother learning another language. But you should! And the following is showing you why.

1. Get smarter!

Yes, no kidding, research shows that learning a second language boosts your mental agility and improves your attention. Also, bilingual speakers are better multitaskers and have better memory skills. Why wait? Boost your brainpower!

2. Make new friends!

Did it cross your mind that, when learning another language, you could actually communicate with more people all over the world? Not only would the knowledge of a second language give you the opportunity to talk to an international student on campus in his or her native language, but it also would make traveling so much more interesting.

Travel friendships are very intense, deep and transformative relationships, which you’ll never forget. Why not make new, international friends? Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

3. A new way of traveling

Next to the sights and beautiful panoramas of foreign countries, aren’t you interested in the thoughts and opinions of their people? So, how about taking a step forward and learning some basics in the language of the country you’ll be a guest in? You finally could speak to the citizens of the places you’re visiting! I can tell you that they will appreciate your effort. Because travel should be not only about pictures and Instagram, but about the people, right?

4. Language will open your eyes

A smart person once said: “Language is the window to the world”. It just so happens, that this is perfectly true. Learning a second language and communicating with people from different backgrounds will teach you a lot about various cultures. It is a gateway to countless traditions and diverse opinions of people from all across the world. Aren’t you curious to see what else there is besides your own culture and traditions? Go and discover at the very source!

5. Be a global citizen

We need language to communicate, and only through communication is understanding possible. Without understanding and mutual respect for each other, there is no tolerance. So, use your second language to built bridges. Connect with places and people all around the world, and make way for global citizenship!

6. Understand yourself!

This may sound funny but it’s no less true. Learning a second language will make you understand your own language better! It also will make you aware of your thinking processes, of your ways of understanding concepts and of your own identity. It will make you more conscious and attentive to who you are. Don’t tell me you’re not intrigued!