Ben Platt's New Album Will Have You Wishing He Was Your Significant Other

It's called "Sing To Me Instead," and Ben Platt can sing to me any day!

113

A few weeks ago Ben Platt released his first solo album and it is one of the best albums that I have heard in a long while. If you don't know who Ben Platt is, he is most known for being Benji from 'Pitch Perfect' and for spear-heading the Tony-awarding winning musical 'Dear Evan Hansen' as the lead, Evan Hansen. If you haven't heard of him from either of these aspects, you're truly missing out because his voice is astounding. There are certain people who truly have amazing and outstanding voices, and Ben Platt is one of them. Every time I hear him sing, I just want to quit singing because his voice is so amazing.

Now on top of how amazing Ben Platt already is, his new album, 'Sing To Me Instead' is truly breathtaking. The whole album itself tells an amazing story, as well as each and every individual song on the album. I was completely blown away with this album, I had high expectations and Ben exceeded them above every expectation. This album covers so many things, but overall it looks at relationships and the impacts of those on our lives.

There is not a single song on this album that I don't enjoy. Ben does an excellent job of being able to truly connect with you as the listener, as well as, looking at situations from a new perspective. For example, one of the songs is called 'Grow as We Go' and it looks at the point when someone says the relationship has to end because they need to work on themselves, but the song focuses and talks about the fact that we don't have to end everything, we can grow together and stay together.

All of the songs on this album have a truly amazing meaning throughout each of them and the way that Ben Platt looks at relationships, just makes you want to date him. He examines what it means to truly stick it out together while looking at the up's and down's that come throughout this thing we call love.

I truly could not recommend this album more, I have not heard an album this god in a while. Especially one that is willing to cover not your average love story and focus on what it's like to be in a real relationship. While also still being able to give you an amazing song and story throughout the entire thing. So if you're a music buff, looking for something new to listen to, or even just enjoying the normal playlists that you have set, take an hour out of your day and go listen to Ben Platt's new album. I promise you that you won't regret it. There will be one song that will resonate with you and you will be wanting Ben Platt to be your new boo.

So in the end, take a break and go and check out something new, you never know what amazing treasures you might find.