Why Is Believing In Climate Change A "Liberal" Thing?

It is Time to Change the Perception of Our Climate

10

The evidence is overwhelming. And even if you find some trace of doubt in the evidence or are clinging to the less than 100% consensus in the scientific community (which, by the way, you will NEVER find an issue in which ALL scientists agree upon), take a look at your car’s exhaust pipe. Turn the car on. If you see fumes emitting from that pipe, use common sense. Those gases cannot possibly be good for the environment. If you put your hand in the direction the gases are coming out of the pipe from, your hand should feel warmer. That should tell you all you need to know right there.

I am not going to run through the evidence in this article. We all know the data: humans have increased carbon dioxide emissions in the environment, which is correlated with warmer temperatures per the greenhouse effect and trickles down to impact everything from melting ice caps to species diversity and extinction.

So why is that there is this culture in America that says if you believe in climate change, you can be dismissed as some far-left radical? Since when is it radical to believe scientific evidence and act accordingly?

Not much has changed since the original Environmental Movement of the 1970s. Sure, vegetarians are more common today and hybrid cars have been funded and incentivized. But has the general attitude toward this “crazy” idea of climate change changed at all?

Seventy percent of Americans per a January Monmouth University poll believe that the climate is changing. But when it comes to admitting humans are the cause? Only 27% fess up. Democrats are much more likely to see climate change as a very serious issue than Republicans, which only confirms popular belief, at 63% to 18%. Why is that? Why is this a partisan issue? Science is science. And transitioning to clean energy opens up possibilities for a wave of new jobs in establishing successful hydroelectric, solar and wind energies. In the search to progress energy efficiency and reduce our environmental impact, opportunities may not have ever been this open, boundless and exciting.

Climate change is real. It should not be a “liberal” issue; it has the potential to plague ALL of us across the world. So let’s accept it and solve it with the human drive that has long been unleashed to achieve unimaginable tasks in America and on Planet Earth.