Being Sick and Still Going to Class Is Possible

Some tips and tricks for what to do when you get the illness that is going around the dorms.

105
Flickr.com

1. Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize

Clean literally everything in sight, including your hands!!! Even though you are already sick keeping yourself and your belongings clean helps to get over the sneezing and coughing even faster

2. Sleep

Though this may sound like the most basic of heal care tips, it may seem impossible to sleep a normal amount in college. When the entire dorm floor inevitably gets the sniffles at the same point in time, skip an activity or two in order to feel better because showing up to every event will not only run you down but will get everyone else sick. There is no way to get better by going 110 miles per hour everyday and not giving your body a chance to recover.

3. Study for that test at 2 p.m. instead of midnight

It may seem better to lay in bed and binge watch The Bachelor in the middle of the afternoon, but at midnight when your chem book hasn’t been opened all day and there is a test lingering in 9 hours you will not think that Corrine napping through the rose ceremony is as big of a deal when you can’t pull an all nighter because you’re body can’t fight off you’re cold and cram three weeks of reading into one night.

4. Skip the coffee

On first glance it may seem that coffee is the best idea when heading to your 8 a.m. lecture, but when the flu is lurking and you already have the sniffles, skip the espresso and snag the extra vitamins in the OJ. Hydration is key when fighting off the college plague and coffee may help for a minute, but when 11 am hits and the caffeine crash sets it, it will be a million times worse with all the sneezing and coughing mixed on the side.

5. Tell Your Professors

This may come as a shock, but your professors don’t want you to be miserable! Don’t be afraid to tell them that you have been knocked down by a major cold and need an extra day to do the reading, but play this card smarty and save it for the days you are actually sick.

Being sick in college is an inevitable occasion, but it doesn’t mean that you have to take a whole month to get better. Grab your water and hit the books; you've got this!