5 Reasons Why Cold Weather Is ACTUALLY The Worst

Maybe I’m crazy, but Christmas doesn’t even make it worth it.

5

Temperatures have started dropping, which means my heart has begun its yearly shrivel. Yes - just like all of the plants outside.

Am I being over-dramatic? Should I try to tell myself that the holidays will make up for it? Should I layer up and "handle it?" The answer is no, no, and no.

Being cold is the absolute worst, and I won't be convinced of anything different. I'm only here to educate you on why the colder seasons are the worst seasons. So, sit back while the winter Grinch schools you on five of a million reasons why the cold needs to go back where it came from.

Everything dies, leaves, or hibernates in the winter

Unsplash

Take a moment to indulge in a trip down imagination lane with me (please hurry because that's the only way I can get warm). You know how you wake up in the spring or summer to birds chirping outside of your window? When you decide to go outside the air smells like flowers or freshly cut grass. You might see a cute little squirrel running around. Is that a ... smile on your face?

Sorry, you can wipe it right off now because, in a few weeks, everything cute and green will either die or sleep the entire season away. Man, I wish I were a squirrel.

Are the holidays even worth it?

Unsplash

Is it just me, or does it feel like every holiday is spent looking to the next one? It's like Thanksgiving isn't even a thing anymore! Everyone has their Christmas decorations up the moment Halloween is over, and when people are looking forward to Christmas it's mostly about gifts.

The holiday season is supposed to be about togetherness, fun, and finding that warm feeling on the inside. When do we see that anymore? Something has to warm me up.

No amount of layers is enough to keep out the cold in my book

Unsplash

I've tried the whole "layering thing," believe me. I could wear five snowsuits and maybe be fine, but the wind still seems to cut through me like a knife. And there is no shortage of wind here on the University of Kentucky's campus.

I swear, it's day-ruining to be walking through campus, minding your own business, when a really gross gust of wind kicks you while you're down. I feel like no one deserves to suffer by being cold because that's what it is to be cold - suffering.

The snow doesn't stay pretty forever!

Unsplash

Looking outside at the snow is, for me, one of the only redeeming qualities about it being cold outside. It makes me feel like a little kid again to look outside and see enough snow to play around in.

After a day or two, though, the snow turns into a problem. Either it sticks around (I'm one of those people who's tired of looking at the snow around day two or three lol), or it turns into a really gross, gray mess. Then the roads are slippery, it turns to ice, it makes your shoes all wet ... Honestly, it's just an all together inconvenient and irritating situation. Wouldn't you rather it just be rain that soaks into the ground (ideally) by the next day?

Everything is 100 times MORE irritating in the cold

Unsplash

Yes, I meant everything. Even if something isn't more difficult to do in the cold, it's at least still more irritating! I'll name a few things to explain what I mean. My number one pet peeve in this life is getting things on my glasses. My glasses fog up all of the time when it's cold. Next, again, the roads are almost always dangerous. No one can get where they need to go, and traffic backs up because everyone has to drive so slow.

Speaking of cars, don't you just hate it when you have to spend that extra 15 minutes in your freezing vehicle just to defrost the windshield? Literally, who wants to waste their time like that? Especially while being cold? Not me, dude. Not me.