What's The Beef Between Kanye And Kid Cudi?

Will this be as crazy as Drake and Meek Mill's beef?

657
USMagazine.com

If you are a true music lover, you know there have been many rap beefs in the world of music. Sometimes, people in the same genre of music with the same common goal disagree which ends in a diss track. If you don't really know about any beef in the rap world, there's plenty. We have 50 Cent versus The Game, N.W.A. versus Ice Cube, Tupac versus Biggie, Jay Z versus Nas, Nicki Minaj versus Lil' Kim, and we cannot forget the famous beef between Drake and Meek Mill. If you did forget, there are plenty of memes that can jog your memory.

Recently, I was looking around on Twitter like I always do. One day, Kid Cudi was the number one trending topic. I'm thinking to myself "Oh snap, did he release some new music?", but as I clicked on the hashtag, I found that he definitely didn't release some new music. Instead, he was releasing some feelings. Scott Mescudi, also known by Kid Cudi, is apart of Kanye West's music label G.O.O.D. Music. If you still don't know who I'm talking about, he's the guy who sings "Day 'N' Nite", "Make Her Say", or "Pursuit of Happiness". In my opinion, Kid Cudi is a talented individual. He has also written and composed music for Jay Z, Logic, Wale, Shakira, Robin Thicke, and of course Kanye West. Cudi actually helped Kanye with his top single "Heartless" and "Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1" on Kanye's newest album, The Life of Pablo. If you would like to see the credits for Pablo, here you go.

Anyways, Kid Cudi was basically having a rant on Twitter on saying that "Everyone thinks they're soooo great. Talkin bout top 5 and be having 30 people write songs for them". Cudi also went on to say that his tweets could apply to anyone, including Kanye (the person who owns the label that Cudi is on, of course), Drake, or anybody because apparently they don't care about him anyways. Basically, he was saying if the shoe fits, lace it up and wear it. I want to know what is really making Kid Cudi mad. Something had to happen to make him tweet something like that.

Kanye West is also on tour right now, and during one of his performances, he stopped his song to call out Cudi. He said that Cudi should never mention his name and that Kanye birthed him. Kanye also stated that Cudi was mad that he was doing songs with Drake and other artists, and that Kanye and others were there for Cudi while he was going through rough times. He ended his statement with "Ain't nobody telling Ye who to do songs with! Respect the god!", and went on to finish his set. Here's the link to that video.

There is talk about a Drake and Kanye project, but we aren't completely sure just yet. Maybe Kid Cudi is a little jealous about that? Maybe something is going on with his music and Kanye isn't trying to get it out to the world? Nobody truly knows what's going on, but I hope the beef gets squashed soon. To be honest, I miss happy Kanye West and Kid Cudi together. They create brilliant projects when they work together.