James Holzhauer

If You Want To Become A Millionaire In Less Than A Month, It's Simple — Be James Holzhauer

I make a little over two thousand dollars during the summer through minimum wage, but this man makes over two million dollars in less than a month.

69
James Holzhauer

I normally don't watch Jeopardy, but can we just talk about this guy, James Holzhauer? So far, he's won over two million dollars in less than a month. Let me say that again, TWO MILLION DOLLARS IN LESS THAN A MONTH. Do you know how many years I would have to work in order to make close to what he has made so far? I probably wouldn't even be able to do it.

It actually amazes how long James has lasted because the categories and questions on Jeopardy aren't easy. I've been watching the show for the past week with my dad since I've heard of James, and I'd be lucky to even be able to answer one of their questions because it's material that isn't necessarily common knowledge. You would have to read daily and not only books, but newspapers and magazines, as well, and you would have to remember what you read. Even with four years of high school and one year of college under my belt, I wouldn't stand a chance against him or any of the contestants because I'm not an active reader nor can I retain information for very long.

The more I watch the show, the more I understand what it takes to win in addition to knowing the answer to the questions. You have to be fast because you have to hit the buzzer before the other contestants. You could know all of the answers, but if you're not the first one to hit the buzzer, then you probably aren't going to get the money. You also have to play smart, especially during final Jeopardy. You have to know how much to wager and whether or not you even want to wager depending on the category while taking into account how much money your opponents have and predicting how much they could possibly bet.

I have immense respect for Jeopardy players because there is so much more to the game than meets the eye. I hope that one day I'll be able to get on the show, but first, I'll have to start reading, and I said that I would do that years ago.