5 Beauty Hacks For The Frazzled College Girl

Even if you don't have the time, you can still look flawless.
11457

In high school, I pretty much was on a set schedule. I'd get home from practice or work, (or whatever else I may have had after school) eat dinner, shower, do homework, go to bed. I usually was in bed by 11 and woke up around 6. In college, however, my schedule tends to vary a lot. I used to be the type of person who NEEDED to shower at night. Not only at night, but I needed to shower every night. Dry shampoo was not in my vocabulary. But college students reading this will understand, sometimes you just don't have the time to look at your absolute best every day! Here are five things I have found to be super helpful in my beauty routine while away at college, and hopefully they will be able to make your lives a bit easier too!

1. Skip the shampoo sometimes!

When you are crunched for time and just need to rinse off, don't worry about shampooing and conditioning your hair every time you shower! Just getting your hair wet can make it appear less greasy, and prevents your body from overproducing oils in your hair. Washing your hair every day, you run the risk of your glands becoming overactive and your hair being susceptible to appearing greasy after a short amount of time.

2. Use Vaseline on your wrists to make perfume last longer.

Before I go to class at 9 a.m., I put vaseline on my wrists and spray perfume on them after. This makes the perfume last longer and stick to my skin, which is perfect for days that I am in class from 9-1 or times I can't come back to my room all day!

3. Just use Vaseline for everything.

I use my vaseline on my eyelashes as well on days when I don't feel like putting mascara on. Not only does it help them to grow and strengthen, but also makes your lashes appear darker and shinier.

4. Whiten your teeth quickly and inexpensively with this recipe.

I found this on Pinterest and I swear by it! After just 3-4 times of brushing your teeth with it, you will see results. Put a tiny bit of toothpaste into a bowl, along with one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, and half a teaspoon of water. Mix it all in and get rid of any clumps, then simply brush your teeth for two minutes. Use this 1-2 times a week for best results!

5. Drink a cup of tea before bed.

I drink “Sleepytime" tea, which is decaf and uses herbs such as chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, and orange blossoms to calm me before bed. I get the “Celestial Seasonings" brand from Target, and it is super reasonable! I have also started taking Ollie Flawless Complexion gummy supplements before bed as well. While I have only used them for about a week or so, reviews claim that after routine use you will notice your skin to appear more clear!

Being in college, you have to be handy and resourceful when it comes to health and beauty, and with these few tips hopefully, your morning routine will become a little more effortless… and MAYBE even give you 15 more minutes of sleep, 'cause we sure need it!