5 Tips To Beat Those Winter Blues
Seasonal

5 Tips To Beat Those Winter Blues

The cold doesn't have to bother you, anyway.

303
https://www.annmariegianni.com/foods-for-seasonal-affective-disorder/

Having depression and entering winter time can be so difficult, but you can make it through. I've learned in multiple classes that it is scientifically proven that depression statistics rise in the winter or in cold months. Even though it is cold, there is a stress of finals, sickness is going around — you can find ways to stay happy.

1. Write encouraging words on your mirror

I do this year round, but it is always extra helpful when it comes to the winter months. It is already harder to get out of your warm bed, but walking into your bathroom and seeing sweet notes makes it better. Build yourself up each day with quotes, reminders, or mini pep talks.

2. Take vitamin D supplements

One of the reasons we as humans are happier in warmer months is because we are getting extra doses of sunshine and vitamin D. When we are cooped up inside we can get depressed and sick because we are lacking vitamin D. Add a vitamin D pill to your daily routine and watch as your mood increases.

3. Do something nice for someone else

Doing something nice for someone else will always brighten your day. It can be as simple as a hug or as generous as buying the person behind you their meal. Make sure to do these things with a pure heart and not in a way that backhandedly helps you.

4. Take time to be alone and relax

Take time to be alone and rest. Sometimes being around people all the time can depress you. We all need to take time to unwind, drink a cup of coffee, and be with our thoughts. Make sure you relax for enough time, but not too long where it becomes isolation.

5. Journal every day

No. You are not too busy to journal. That's what most people say, but if you take five minutes a day to journal, you will notice a difference. Journal your mad, sad, glad, rad etc. thoughts. Putting your words on paper helps to get your thoughts in order and will give you a sense of instant relief.