Be Thankful For All Seasons Of Your Life

The good news about seasons is that they come and go.

653
Taylor Markee

When I was younger I never really thought about "seasons" other than the weather. I never really understood what people meant when they told me that what I was walking through was just a season. As I have gotten to college, I have learned how to embrace the different seasons of my life. The good news about seasons is that they come and go. We aren't ever going to be forever stuck in one season. Thank God! Each season has a lesson that we can learn from about life. These lessons ultimately help us grow as humans, and also can help us grow closer to God.

Sometimes it is hard to look back and be thankful for the struggles I have faced. I have faced many seasons of happiness, growth, and some of deep pain. But there is always something that I have learned from each season of my life. During seasons of happiness, I have learned the importance of enjoying life, and living life to the fullest. It is important to appreciate each day and moment we get in life because our days on the earth are numbered. During seasons of growth, I have learned the importance of trusting God, and His plan for my life. Growth is a wonderful thing, and it is something that we benefit from.

When trouble strikes our lives it's hard to keep our eyes pointed towards God. I know that when I go through seasons of deep pain, I don't always trust God. It is a time where I begin to be consumed by fear and stress. Fear is something that I have been consumed by lately. As I currently walk through a season of darkness in my life, I have started to begin to see the importance of giving up my fears and anxiety and giving them to God. God is not afraid of our pain, and He is always there to give us peace if we are open to Him.

One of the things I have learned while walking through this harder season is the importance of community. Community is something that has become very prevalent in my life in college. My heart is so thankful to God for giving me the community of people that He has. In college, I have met some of the greatest people, and without them, it would be so hard to get through these seasons. Being able to walk through these seasons of life with my roommate, my small group leader, and other friends by my side are all things I am so thankful for. We are called by God to live in community with each other. The Lord has placed so many girls in my life that have challenged me in my faith, and have helped me grow so much.

We need to learn how to embrace the seasons that God allows us to walk through. Although they are not always easy, He has a purpose for all things in our lives, good and bad.

"Every season is one of becoming, but not always one of blooming. Be gracious with your ever-evolving self." -B. OAKMAN