California Is Leading The Fight Against Cosmetic Animal Testing
Currently

Nearly 40 Countries Have Banned Cosmetic Animal Testing, And In The US, California Is Leading The Way

2020 is the year for animal welfare.

112
Rabbit

Canada, Argentina, and Korea have already set their legislation in motion to ban animal testing on cosmetics.

The end to animal testing for cosmetics has already begun in the largest state of our nation and it's only a matter of time before the United States becomes the next leading country to end animal testing for cosmetics alongside India, the European Union, New Zealand, Israel, Norway, Taiwan, and São Paulo.

The California Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Act enacts that any animal testing on cosmetics will be deemed illegal from the year 2020. The bill states that it is illegal to "sell any cosmetic in California if the final product or any component of the product was knowingly tested on animals after January 1, 2020."

This is gigantic. This means only cruelty-free beauty brands will be sold in California. California will not endorse any beauty brands that have any connection to animal testing in their products. This is the most overdue praised boycott this nation has ever needed. Animal welfare will be brought into to light. 2020 is the year for animal welfare.

While many beauty gurus will be scrambling to find a replacement for their favorite animal cruelty infused mascara, they will also be finding themselves learning about the many new cruelty-free beauty brands that are also safer. I mean, think about it, if there is a product that even needed to be tested on animals in the first place to make sure its potency was so-called "safe," then why would we even need such an ingredient? This is exactly why California's new legislation was sponsored by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.

California is bringing in a serious reality check for the beauty sector of the stock market. Ethical buying is no longer a choice, it's justice. A list of cruelty-free makeup that is also vegan may be found from here on out. Most cruelty-free makeup is vegan because veganism eliminates any animal products.

How about a more conclusive effort for animal welfare? There is one in the works. Congress has been looking more into animal welfare for the nation. The Humane Cosmetics Act would end animal testing for cosmetics after a one-year phase-in and would then phase out the sale of animal-tested cosmetics in just three years.

Consider California's Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Act a fair warning. It's cruelty-free beauty from now on and cheers to that.