The Excitement That is Back to School!

The Excitement That is Back to School!

And why I can't wait.

43
The Excitement That is Back to School!
Personal Photo

Walking into Target, you see the back to school signs are already popping up. Some may think, but it's only July! But school is only a month away. You feel the dread of the kids and teens in the air, and I think to myself "I was once like that, too." Now I can't wait for school to start, and it is truly and odd feeling.

Normally I'd be scoffing at the supplies like the rest of the students walking the aisles, but this year is different. This year is my first full year at Rhode Island College, and this year will be the first year where I'm taking a majority of my courses focused in my major of Psychology.

With having 7 of my 8 classes lined up for the 2018-19 school year being all within my focus, I am ready for my classes to get started and to dive in deeper in the science of the mind.

I know it isn't going to be easy, and it honestly make kick me in the butt and I may end up regretting wishing for school to start sooner, but truly I can't wait to see the campus full of students, and full of life.

To be able to hang out with friends in between classes and make new ones while I'm at it. School for me now is a place I can be myself and enjoy this journey of education. This will not last forever, soon enough I'll be working 5 days a week wishing I was back in the spot I sit right now.

For me, education is a very important aspect to my life. After struggling severely in high school, and then taking a gap year to collect my thoughts and see if college was really a good idea for me. While college is not for everyone, but it definitely is for me. Now my outlook on learn has made a complete flip and now I cannot wait for school to be back in session.