Awkward Moments Everyone Has

9 Awkward Moments We've All Had

We all have them. It's a part of life so might as well laugh about them.

27
Unsplash

Everyone has awkward moments. So we might as well enjoy our experiences and laugh about them, while we can!

1. When you thought someone was waving at you but it was actually the person behind you

I'm walking on campus and see someone I know waving in my direction. Naturally, I wave back but turns out they were waving to someone behind me and I get the second pity wave and a very awkward situation out of it.

2. When your walking and trip but try to pretend it was on purpose 

You know you're walking along and you just kind of trip on air, but since there are people walking behind you who you know saw you, you just keep walking like that's normal.

3. When you don't know if you should hug or handshake someone 

When you meet a relative for the first time and don't know whether to hug or handshake them. Let's just agree on the compromise of the hand hug.

4. When you say bye to someone but then walk in the same direction 

Oh yes, the beginning stages of friendship where you have all these awkward encounters. When that new friend says bye to you but you both end up walking in the same direction but you don't know if you should restart the conversation or just walk a little more ahead.

5. When your singing out loud by yourself and a stranger sees/hears you

This gif is the legit me.

6. When you accidentally make eye contact 

You know when you just space out and stare at what seems to be nothing. But then you realize you've been staring at someone for an indefinite amount of time without wanting too and they look up and make eye contact with you. Do I look away? Do we have a staring contest? I don't know.

7. When your sunglasses get stuck in your hair 

I don't know if this is just a me thing? but let me tell you, sunglasses and curly hair- not a good mix. Whenever I put my sunglasses on top of my head, I know there are staying there because it's just a tangled mess.

8. When you do the awkward two step 

This always happens. I see the person walking towards me but somehow we both choose the same side and then its this awkward "no you go ahead" situation.

9. Saying "you too", when the waiter says enjoy your meal 

I'm just trying to be nice but my responses can only be so accurate.