Please Don't Wear These 6 Halloween Costumes, They're Terrible

Just Know I'm Rolling My Eyes At You

305
Flickr

With Halloween right around the corner, I've started to see a lot of posts of what people are going to dress up as. I'm excited for Halloween. I look forward to seeing kids dressed up, handing out candy to the kids at my daycare, and even enjoying some Halloween candy myself. What am I not excited about? I hate all those overrated and awful Halloween costumes.

When I think of Halloween I think of the cute kids dressed up, scary decorations or costumes for adults, even some funny ones, but not over-done costumes or a costume that's just, well, barly a costume.

So please, don't dress up as anything on this list.

1. Harley Quinn

No. Just no. I get it, she's super hot and I loved her in the movie, but you don't need to dress up as her. Most people are just doing it for the trend or because they want to wear barely-there clothes and think it's going to get them a lot of attention. Just know, I'm rolling my eyes at you if you're dressed as her.

2. Adam and Eve

I've seen someone dress as a mammogram machine, chick magnet, anything that gives a man the idea that he will get to touch women. Also, anything just straight up creepy. What do I mean? Well, I'll let this video of the Try Guys get my point across.

4. Awful people in history

As a Jewish person, I'd prefer not to see you dressed as Hitler. Anyone who has caused harm to people, you don't need to dress up as. It's offensive and just wrong all together. In addition, dressing up as a Jew in Auschwitz is completely unacceptable.

5. Slutty anything

Once again, just an excuse to wear as little clothes as possible. Some of them don't even look like what they're supposed to be. Sexy shark? Are you kidding me? Sexy cop? That's just stupid. I especially dislike anything Disney related. The princesses are supposed to be beautiful and cute, not sexy and half naked. If you haven't watched the Try Guys put on different sexy outfits, you need to. It sort of solidifies my point on how ridiculous this is. You can watch that video here.

6. Anything trendy

It's always the same thing, some big movie comes out and suddenly everyone is wearing the exact same thing. The most current one I'm expecting, Pennywise. Once again, I'm rolling my eyes at you.

Halloween should be fun. Find something funny, or something cute. I've done a couple of Disney characters since I work at a daycare, the kids love it. There's so many options out there that are actually practical, but creative costumes. So please, go find them.