Avid concert goers... unite!

Avid concert goers... unite!

A part of being a fanboy/girl is religiously attending as many concerts as you can until your wallet cries

9
Avid concert goers... unite!

The year is 2014, thousands of screaming girls are awaiting One Direction and 5SOS to appear on stage. One of those girls is me.

Fast forward to 2020, thousands of people are anxiously waiting for Halsey tickets to go on sale. One of those people is me.

Nothing has changed in my fangirl world.

The community of music listeners has exploded in the past ten years thanks to websites like Tumblr, Spotify, TicketMaster, etc. This allowed the fanbase(s) the chance to communicate with others about this shared interest. They could discuss upcoming concerts, a fanbase meetup before the concert, even surprising the band/singer/performer by holding green lights or signs.

My best friend has gone on much of this journey with me. Her name is Cayce. She keeps me sane through the pushing, sweating, trying to find our seats, deciding on merch.

Cayce and I have gone to multiple 5SOS and Halsey concerts together. As soon as Cay heard the news that Halsey would be coming back to Arizona, she texted me with excitement stating that we have to go. Of course I replied quickly, saying I wouldn't miss the chance to see our favorite artist together. So you can probably guess what we'll be doing in June. Jumping and screaming along the lyrics to every Halsey song.

It's crazy what music does for the both of us. We met freshman year of highschool and instantly clicked over the many artists we loved. Here we are, juniors in college, still attending concerts together when we can (even if distance keeps us apart during the school year).

Cayce and I discussed the feeling you get after a concert and how surreal it felt in the moment. People who attend concerts often know exactly what I'm talking about. It's almost as though you're dreaming and the artist isn't really there. You know you're singing along with every other person in the room but it doesn't quite feel real.

I know personally concerts have saved me in so many ways. I could be at my highest level of stress, but the moment I enter the venue, I sigh in relief knowing the pure bliss I am about to feel.

People always ask me why I am so willing to drop money on concerts. It's because these artists and their music brings me such happiness I couldn't explain even if I tried. They are truly my happy place. When another person says, "You've already seen them, why pay the money to do it again?"

I'll just smile and shrug.

They wouldn't get it.

Related Articles Around the Web