Avengers Endgame Broke My Heart

Like Most People Who Saw The Movie, 'Avengers: Endgame' Broke My Heart

This movie will go down as the longest and most emotional film I've ever watched.

198

Spoiler Alert: This article contains spoilers for "Avengers: Endgame."

"Avengers: Endgame" made me laugh, cry, and everything in between. The movie started with the Avengers grouping together to defeat Thanos, only to find that the stones were gone and no one could return from the snap. So from the beginning, there was a somber atmosphere. Seeing everyone, especially Thor so defeated and broken was crushing. They then went five years in the future only to find the world in disarray, no one able to move on from the devastation of losing so much. It hurt to see characters like Hawkeye completely lose themselves, too. Fortunately, there was still hope, thanks to Scott Lang returning from the Quantum Realm at last.

The Avengers finally had a way to bring everyone back by using the realm. The movie kicked into gear and the audience could feel the energy. As the group went on missions through time travel, we got to see flashbacks from past movies. While this was exciting, it also got me thinking that this really is the last true Avengers film. Iron Man got to reunite with his father and gain much need closure, while Captain America saw the life he left behind with the sight of Peggy Carter. Both of these events gave an idea of what would happen later on. And yes, it is heart-wrenching.

One of the most devastating moments came in a scene I never saw coming. Hawkeye and Black Widow had to go to Vormir in order to get the soul stone, which led them to an impossible decision. One person had to make a sacrifice so they could save the world. In a back and forth fight of selflessness, it was just as difficult for me to be able to let either of them go. And when Natasha was ultimately the one to give up her life, I was shocked and left in tears. The entire audience fell quiet, incapable of accepting that this was the last time we'd see this OG and iconic Avengers character. I still haven't gotten over it.

This wouldn't be the last loss. Going into the film, I was prepared for Captain America to end his run by sacrificing himself. I never thought it would be Tony Stark instead. When he had his death scene, it took me a while to realize what was happening. Peter Parker's tears gave me the realization that The Iron Man was taking his last breath in the Marvel universe. I wanted him to have a happy ending so much, and yet his closing up speech to end the movie was so beautiful I could nearly accept that he was leaving. But I'll forever miss this amazing character that truly makes the Avengers such an amazing team and family.

Not only did we lose Natasha and Tony, but we lost Steve Rogers, too. I didn't think I could handle another loss after this emotionally wrecking movie, but Steve had a wonderfully happy endgame. He got to go back in time and be with his best girl, Peggy. I couldn't imagine another ending for our Captain America. I still can't believe we'll never see Chris Evans suit up again for this role. He'll always be my favorite and will go down as one of the best superheroes ever.

The Avengers are an incredible group of heroes. These characters have been an inspiration to so many people and show that everyone can be a hero and make a difference. I don't believe that any other actors could have played these roles so perfectly. I'm so grateful to them and to this movie series for all the laughs, tears, and superhero goodness they have given us over the years. I can only hope that one day this team will suit up again and grace our movie screens once more. Until then, thank you Avengers.