10 Reasons I Love Aubrey Plaza

10 Reasons Every Millennial Woman Should Deem Aubrey Plaza Iconic

There are more than 10 reasons to love her, but here's a sample size of reasons.

594
NBC Universal

Aubrey Plaza is FUNNY. She's an American actress, comedian, and more recently, a producer. She went to NYU and has starred in PLENTY of really funny content. But besides that, here's why you should love her, too.

1. She's from Wilmington, Delaware

Not many famous people are from Delaware. In an interview with David Letterman, he said "I don't know many people from Delaware," to which Plaza replied, "Thank you." I can't think of a better response, personally.

2. During her second year of college, she had a stroke

During Plaza's second year of college, she suffered a stroke. As a result, she was temporarily paralyzed and suffered from expressive aphasia. Expressive aphasia is when the sufferer is unable to communicate, whether it be through writing or speaking. I've only heard her talk about the stroke during one interview in 2012 with David Letterman. She called it a "freak occurrence" and has since recovered.

3. She performed at the Upright Citizen's Brigade

All my favorite comedians and actors have performed at UCB, so this doesn't really surprise me. Plaza has been performing improv and sketch comedy there since 2004. Have I mentioned that she's really funny?

4. She's April from "Parks and Rec"

This is arguably the most well-known fact about Plaza. "Parks and Recreation" introduced most people (myself included) to Aubrey Plaza, as she plays April Ludgate, a Parks and Recreation employee with an incredibly dry sense of humor.

You can binge all seven seasons on Netflix.

5. She had cameos in "Portlandia"

If you haven't seen "Portlandia", you should probably go watch it right now. And play the drinking game, too, while you're at it (shameless plug). Plaza had cameos in two episodes. The first cameo was in season one, episode two. The next cameo was in season one, episode four.

You can watch eight seasons of the show on Netflix right now.

6. She was in a Father John Misty music video

I didn't think I'd heard this song until I watched the music video. Turns out that I have heard this song. And it's real good.

7. She played saxophone in the video for Cassorla's "Bona Fide"

Unlike the previous song, I actually hadn't heard this one. My Aubrey Plaza research led me to this gem and I'm glad it did.

8. She played Aaron Burr in the "Hamilton" episode of "Drunk History"

If you've never seen "Drunk History", go watch it now. It's funny and it's informative. (And there are always some great comedians featured to make it even better.) If you have seen "Drunk History," word to the wise: Aubrey Plaza is in one episode.

9. She owns her sexuality

Plaza is bisexual and (unsurprisingly) has some pretty funny things to say about it. "I know I have an androgynous thing going on, and there's something masculine about my energy. Girls are into me–that's no secret. Hey, I'm into them, too. I fall in love with girls and guys."

10. Her Twitter: @evilhag

Aubrey Plaza's Twitter reflects just how funny she is. Twitter is the perfect platform for a comedian, and Plaza uses it. Her handle is funny in a very Aubrey Plaza style. Follow her at @evilhag.