Asking Your Parents For Money As Told By Raven Baxter

Ya nasty.

356
Youtube / Disney Channel

A hilarious series that is still referenced today is Disney Channel’s hit show That’s So Raven. Raven can see into the future and has visions about what is going to happen before it happens. If only she could see that she was going to run out of money, just like all of us college students do all too often.

Checking your bank account app is always a horrible and terrifying experience, and is only made worse when it is paired with the realization that you are forced to ask your parents for money. Find out if you react similarly to Raven Baxter when pleading for extra cash.

Opening your phone and staring at the bank app.

Gathering the stamina to actually open the app.

Finally opening it and bracing yourself to check the account balance.

Realizing that there are four dollars left in your account.

Thinking about the bad decisions you made to waste all of your money.

Remembering that some of those wasteful decisions were actually very fun.

When your friends ask what's wrong when you have to call your parents and ask for money to be transferred.

Asking a friend to help you convince your parents to make a Venmo.

When they ask why you went out to dinner so many times instead of eating in the dining hall.

Pouting when they resist.

Giving them a fake compliment to butter them up.

Listening to them finally giving in.

Celebrating and telling your friends dinner's on you!

Spending all the money they gave you in less than two weeks and realizing you will have to go through this entire process once again.