I Asked 17 People About Their Favorite Things In Life And Learned A Lot About Positivity In The Process

As it turns out, we've all got a little sunshine within our hearts—so let it shine!
5905

In a world that's often obsessed with negativity, stress, and bringing others down, it is a true relief to see the good in life and relish in the positive things around us. As someone who is a huge fan of the "little things" in life, I asked 17 people about their favorite quotes and the things that give them joy and inspire them most.

All names and ages have been changed for the purpose of this article, so please enjoy these wonderful tidbits of inspiration, advice, and joy! And don't be afraid to pass on what you've learned from these wise individuals.

1. "Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is"—Gabriella, 16

2. "Jesus, family, music, horses"—Noah, 14

3. "Waking up and feeling like I got a lot of sleep, getting a good grade on my exam, good hair days, road trips, the comfort of having good friends and family, seeing my dog when I come home"—Abigail, 17

4. "The day my niece was born"—Lucy, 35

5. "My wife, food, being home, family, friends, creative time, going to church"—Henry, 45

6. "Thunderstorms, group hammocking, chocolate ice cream, coffee, strawberries fresh from the patch, daffodils in the spring, vinyl records, road trips with friends"—Brooklyn, 31

7. "My momma, Rocky Road ice cream, monster cookies, my cats, and my best friend Paige"
—Mia, 15

8. "Live, laugh, love"—Ruby, 54

9. "When I realized I was finally right where God wanted me to be, with my now husband and my 3 kids, and being so blessed and happy to know I made it to where I was meant to be!"—Christina, 39

10. "Ice cream dates with my boyfriend, baby farm animals, flowers, family time"—Jennifer, 26

11. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"—Elise, 19

12. "Being authentic and supportive of all of the people I care about"—Maggie, 33

13. "The quote that 'a ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for'"—Bella, 46

14. "Probably when my brother asked me to be the Godmother of my nephew"—Eva, 24

15. "Chapstick—weird, I know. But I always try to buy at least one different one every time I go to the store so I like seeing the different variety. It's kind of like a helpful hobby I guess!"—Brittany, 41

16. "Animals' noses, oat milk cappuccinos, sunsets, holding hands, a new pair of jeans, clean makeup brushes, vegan desserts, kitty paws, cats purring" —Alicia, 25

17. "Pasta, naps, and soda"—Katherine, 63

I've made it my life mission to spread the cheer, show love to others, and focus on positive vibes only! Will you do the same?

As a first step, I highly recommend reading Neil Pasricha's inspirational book "The Book of Awesome" for practical advice on how to spot the good in everyday life. Or, you can just live by this quote from "Zombieland:"

Go forth and stay positive!