Ashley Judd, Your White Privilege Is Showing

#notmymarch

154
youtube

After recent events regarding the Women's March, this poem written by a 19 year old caught my attention. Recited and revised by Ashley Judd, this hate-speech on the disguise of a women's rights platform really raised some red flags:

"My name is Ashley Judd and I am a feminist".

According to Merriam Webster dictionary, feminism is a theory for political, social, and economic equality between the sexes.Let's see if those values play out.

"I am a nasty woman"

Referring to Trump's jab at Hillary Clinton in the campaign, however Trump was referring to the vicious, dishonest nature of Clinton.

"I'm as nasty as a man who looks like he bathes in Cheetos dust"

The only thing nasty about this statement is the personal attack on her Commander in Chief’s appearance and not his character. Laced with the hatred and depth of a middle school argument, Judd really starts off strong reminding us that she is in fact, a feminist. At this point in her speech, I am confused more than ever on what that word means.

"A man whose words are a distract to America. Electoral college-sanctioned, hate-speech contaminating this national anthem. I'm not as nasty as Confederate flags being tattooed across my city"

Ah yes, the age old debate over the Confederate Flag. Brush up on your U.S History and learn what it really represents- the sacrifice and spirit of soldiers and for heritage. So, did Judd just call every Confederate soldier in history ‘nasty’?

Maybe the South actually is going to rise again

"Maybe for some it never really fell. Blacks are still in shackles and graves, just for being black"

"Slavery has been reinterpreted as the prison system in front of people who see melanin as animal skin"

First, slavery was not interpreted, it just was. It can’t be reinterpreted. So if you are trying to say the prison system is the new slavery, please point me to the case where a person is incarcerated based on their skin color If that were the case, I am certain that a person with ‘cheetoh skin’ color would have to be in jail...

"I am not as nasty as a swastika painted on a pride flag, and I didn't know devils could be resurrected but I feel Hitler in these streets"

Actually, the devil can’t be resurrected. That’s Jesus. And I don't think that’s Hitler you feel in the street, I’m pretty sure it's estrogen.

"A mustache traded for a toupee"

Another jab at personal appearance-invalid

"Nazis renamed the Cabinet Electoral Conversion Therapy, the new gas chambers shaming the gay out of America, turning rainbows into suicide--".

At this point, everything that you had the opportunity to use your platform for became invalid. Because while you were accusing Donald Trump of hate-speech and his whole cabinet of being “Hitler,” you stood in the streets and demonstrated hate in what resembled an audition to be the next Norma Rae.

Above all else, you had the audacity to preach on the myth of “white privilege” which must be difficult to hide with a net worth of $22 Million.

While this article seems to be directed at you, Ms. Judd, it applies to all of the other celebrities who came out to get five more minutes of fame and add fuel to the social fire. I have different desire. I don’t want to set the Women’s Movement back fifty years, I want to be a part of a solution. This march was nothing but a protest against a man. Stop trying to hide that fact behind your term “feminism.” If you were truly concerned about what you claim to be concerned about, why did it take until January 21,2017 for you to pour out your hate? These issues could not have just started two days after Trump was inaugurated.

In closing, based on your opening statement: “I am Ashley Judd and I am a feminist,” I obviously had no idea what feminism was really about. If this is what equality looks like in your eyes, then I want no part of it.

#NotMyMarch