Ashamed to be part of a generation that Juuls
Life Stages

Ashamed To Be Part Of A Generation That Juuls

I thought we all knew better.

127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rearIzdaXEk
Youtube, DashVapes

I remember as early as 2nd grade, I was learning about how horrible it is to smoke cigarettes. My classmates and I would watch informational videos and be warned about what would happen to our bodies if we inhaled these dangerous chemicals. A few times, experts even came in and showed us what an actual pair of lungs look like healthy compared to ones of a smoker.

These types of programs went on all through elementary and high school and I was sure we were going to be the generation that ended smoking. Sadly I was wrong.

When I got to college everyone started Juuling and vaping. I couldn't believe it. People who had never smoked a cigarette in their life decided to pick up this deadly habit

I never blamed my parents or grandparents for smoking when they were young because they just didn't know it was bad. Doctors back then literally suggested that they pick up smoking. But as for my generation, we knew better.

We were taught from such a young age what horrible things can happen from inhaling tobacco, nicotine and all of the hundred other poisonous chemicals in cigarettes, and these people my age are still choosing to do it.

To make things worse, any e-cigs or Juuls are way more toxic than cigarettes. These products don't just have the same nicotine from a cigarette in them, they have genetically engineered nicotine that was made to be even more addicting. One Juul pod has more nicotine than an entire pack of cigarette.

The companies promoting these products advertise them as a "healthier alternative" to cigarettes, but all of the sides effects are the same. Studies confirm that Juuls and all e-cigs do cause cancer. When cells were exposed to this vapor, they became cancerous at a higher rate than expected.

Juuls and e-cigs were not approved by the FDA and the American Lung Association says that every ingredient in them is completely toxic. If you start using any of these products you are developing a risk of lung and bladder cancer, along with heart disease. Formaldehyde and acetaldehyde are just two of the chemicals found in these products and are both considered carcinogens.

E-cigs and Juuls have just about all of the same chemicals in them as cigarettes, so inhaling them on a daily basis will most definitely give you any one of the health problems that we all know cigarettes cause.

What the scariest factor is about these new products is that they haven't been around long enough for anyone to know what long-term effects they might have. It can be predicted that they have a lot of the same side effects as cigarettes, but they contain more and different chemicals, so the outcome could be much worse.

I think what frustrates me the most, is that people still do it because they think it makes them look cool. I can't imagine caring more about what people think of me than my own well-being.

You won't look cool when the side effects start to kick in and you are either sick, dying or having to live with some horrible defect caused by the chemicals you continued to breathe in every day for years.