There's Absolutely No Reason For You To Shop In-Store This Holiday Season, According To A Sales Associate

Working in customer service has become insufferable.

10

For legal reasons, this is my own personal opinion and it does not reflect my professional opinion or relate to my work environment.

I worked earlier today, and the store was packed with masked and non-masked customers walking into the store in waves.There are a multitude of things to consider before risking your exposure to a virus that has killed millions worldwide.

First, please understand that many stores do not have a defining policy that requires all customers to wear masks.

Many of the businesses in my town only follow state restrictions, which means shoppers have a 65% chance of exposure. Ron DeSantis has continuously extended an order that prevents businesses from requiring a mask mandate on its customers. Yet, the same order requires essential workers to wear masks, clean continuously, and risk just as much exposure for minimum wage.This extends to limitations on the number of customers inside the store. Due to a lack of mandate, this forces the enforcement of COVID preventative measures such as social distancing to fall solely into the hands of corporate.

In short, corporations want to put fewer restrictions on customers in order to gain more customer loyalty.

One example of this is not counting the number of customers that enter a store, a regulation that several corporations abandoned during this year's Black Friday sales. Taking away social distancing increases the risk of COVID exposure.

With so many alternative shopping methods available, there is absolutely no reason stores should be full.

To anyone still stupid enough to call the pandemic a hoax, at least ask yourself why would you want to risk catching the "flu" or "a cold."

If you truly want the aesthetic of Christmas shopping, just listen to Mariah Kerry's "All I Want for Christmas" on loop and stand up for two hours straight.

Trust me, you'll get the exact same experience.