Artist Creates Comic Book Covers Inspired by "Black Mirror"

A pop-culture artist creates captivating comic book covers inspired by episodes of "Black Mirror".

296
Onad

Winter break is upon us, which only means one thing. We can all finally tend to out neglected Netflix queues.

During this break, I finally had the chance to watch the dark anthology series “Black Mirror” and it did not disappoint. Although Netflix is designed for mass consumption, this series was very difficult to binge watch. Each episode is some distraught reflection of a utopian society that slaps you with truth and reality. After the end every episode I’m left staring at my reflection in the computer screen wondering how such a plot was created and it’s social and cultural relevance in today’s world. Many of the episodes explore the issues in the way we consume technology and news and the way in which we interact with each other as a human species. “Black Mirror” currently has three seasons and will be introducing the fourth season in 2017.

The dark mini-series hasn’t only inspired me to sit in silence and analyze the social construct in today’s society at 3 AM, it has also influenced the work of Butcher Billy, a pop culture artist based in Brazil.

Billy has transformed “Black Mirror” episodes into incredible comic book covers.

Here are just a few of his "Black Mirror" inspired covers.

Season 1, Episode 2: Fifteen Million Merits

Season 1, Episode 3: The Entire History of You

Season 2, Episode 2: White Bear

Season 2, Episode 3: The Waldo Moment

I wonder who this looks like...hmm.

Season 3, Episode 1: Nosedive

You can find more of Billy's pop-culture inspired works on his online store or you can check out his Instagram (@thebutcherbilly).