Art: The Best Form Of Self-Expression

Art: The Best Form Of Self-Expression

Even if you don't like something that you create, it is still art because 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

4813
Art: The Best Form Of Self-Expression
Chelsea Wyatt

While we may not all be Picasso's, almost everyone has at least one form of art that they enjoy. This can range from doodling in your notebook to making ceramic pieces. Even though we may not always like what we make, it is still art. If you enjoy one type of art, there is a good chance that you will like some of these other types.

1. Drawing.

One of the most common forms of art, drawing is done all the time. When you doodle shapes in your notes instead of listening to your teacher, you're drawing. You may not think of it as art, but it is. On the other hand, some people sit down and draw pictures of things they see or enjoy. It can be anything from a bowl of fruit to your favorite cartoon character. No matter how good or bad the drawing is, it is still art, and you should be proud of it.

2. Painting.

For most people, you have painting since you were a child. However, back then, it probably consisted mainly of finger-painting. As you get older, some people continue to paint, and grow up to be just like da Vinci. This form of art can be sloppy, but it is still a fun way to express yourself.

3. Ceramics.

This form of art may not be as popular as others, but it creates some of the most beautiful art in existence. However, this is also a bit more complicated than other art. There are many tools that are needed when it comes to ceramics. While this type of art is more difficult, it is just as enjoyable as any other type.

4. Sculpting.

Sculpting isn't done one specific way. You can sculpt with clay, metal, wood, sand, etc. Even if you can't find one material, such as clay, you can just use something else. If you like to build things and you like art, give sculpting a try.

5. Music.

Even though some people may not think of this when art is mentioned, it is a form of art. Probably the most common type of art in the world, music is played every day. When you walk down the street and hear someone's music, they're exposing you to art. If you play an instrument or sing, you're an artist. You are using to body to make something beautiful.

6. Theatre.

Also known as the performing arts, theatre is another form of art (obviously). People get up on stage, and perform jaw-dropping shows. If you don't think of this as art, just think about how much work is put into a show. The cast crew use their bodies to show the world their talent. Actors and actresses are living pieces of art.

All of these types of art are forms of self-expression. You can use any one of this to show the world how you're feeling. If you don't participate in any of these types of art, that's okay. There are many more forms of art in the world. Even if you don't like something that you create, it is still art because 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Whether you draw or perform on stage, you are an artist. You have a very special talent, and you should never forget that. Let the world see what you have to offer.