Ariana Grande's New Album 'Sweetener' Is Feeding My Bad Habit

I can't stop clicking play!

50

I have this bad habit, where I listen to an album or selected songs until I absolutely am tired of it. I listen and listen until each word is sung with undeniable meaning. This all happened with Havana by Camila Cabello (I know you did too, don't lie) and multiple other songs throughout my life. An album I constantly played and still go through, is AJR's most recent album, "The Click." Songs are constantly on repeat before it even hits the radio. I feel bad for anyone around me, because I will play it at home, in the car, and just everywhere! So they must suffer my need to replay and replay. Eventually, I will stop, but it always comes back.

The songs literally become one with me. That means it is amazing!

I'm still not tired of Ariana's album To be fair, it is new!

If I had to make a list of her top new songs in order of what I love the most (one being the most) it would be:

1. Breathin
  2. Better Off
  3. Sweetener
  4. Successful
  5. Goodnight n Go
  6. Everytime
  7. R.E.M.

I tried my very best, to make that list based more on my feeling, and not how upbeat it is. This is difficult to rate because they have various and unique reasons for why each of them are good. I have spent endless hours listening to this album with these specific seven songs on repeat while working out. Again, AMAZING.

What I also love, is that she can sing these live and her album is a success even though it truly strays from her typical type of music. But that does not mean it is necessarily a bad thing. This is probably one of the most heartfelt albums I have heard from her and more so, a RELATABLE album. Her songs touch on such important topics involving anxiety and love. If anything, it is a motivational album that focuses on positivity. These are songs that if I lay down and listen to them through my headphones, it takes me to my own world. I zone out.

It just makes your life whole.

To me, that is the best thing music can bring me. I can relate, but also escape my mind while living through her music and the feeling the music brings me.