7 Reasons Cats are My Spirit Animal

7 Reasons Cats are My Spirit Animal

196
7 Reasons Cats are My Spirit Animal

By no means am I a "cat person". Never have been, never will be. I'm definitely a "dog person" and have never actually been fond of cats. However, I find that I relate to them in several weird ways. I don't particularly think this is a good thing, but here's seven reasons that cats are secretly my spirit animal.

1. I love to sleep.

It's said that cats sleep 70% of their lives. To say that I sleep THAT much would be a bit of an overstatement, but I love to sprawl out and snooze just as much as your average kitty.

2. I don't like being held.

Cats DON'T snuggle. That's one of the biggest reasons I don't like them and another common characteristic we share. Most of my loved ones know I am a less than affectionate person and unless I'm in the mood, please don't come over to me and try to snuggle up. You're probably just going to bug me and invade my personal space.

3. I'm rather uncoordinated.

I'd like to call myself athletically challenged. Cats are supposed to be graceful, but sometimes they try to pull out the cool tricks and end up looking like this.

4. I love to eat.

I mean, who doesn't?

5. I don't like water.

Don't get me wrong I love a good, hot shower or even a cold one during the summer, but I gotta say there's nothing worse than getting soaked when you least expect it. Heavy, cold clothes and wet dripping hair are not my thing. Poor cats don't even get to pick when they bathe either, they're just thrown in the tub. Sounds awful.

6. I'm easily amused.

You know how people buy those lasers that they point all over the floor and the cat goes crazy chasing it? Me. Sometimes I even wish I could be a cat so I could experience the fun of chasing that little red light around (JK. Maybe.).

7. I'll purr if I like you.

LOL okay, I don't quite mean it like that, but what I'm saying is it's easy to tell if a cat likes you. They'll purr, rub against against your leg, etc. I make sure to let people know that I like (love) them whether it's my family, friends or whoever. If I ever come up to you and start purring, call someone. Something's wrong.

There you go. Seven reasons my soul is half-human, half-cat. Although I swear I'm not as miserable as your average house cat. Just as moody, maybe.